Notices

Mufflers

Old 10-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mufflers

Swede, thanks for the input. So far the GGb's look to be the way to go.

MJB, HPI's???
Old 10-22-2004, 02:17 AM
Registered

You got nailed at Lake Mead for Noise? Where? What area? Have you tried the iMCO gatlin Mufflers? They work great on my brother in laws Cig with Teague 1050hp'S. I will be putting my Outerlimits with 975's on the Lake next week with Switchables. Did they check for switchables?
Old 10-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that Biggus is running around 750hp. He was at one point at 112db with his old mufflers open. He is now at I think 89db and has not said anything to me about loss of power. He is using the tips and inserts. There is also I think a artical about his instal in Family and Performance boating.

Jon
Old 10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Registered

Hot Lavey,

Rex came out with thier new tips that reportedly meet the new CA 2005 Regs. without any loss of power. I would give them a call and discuss your application. That's if you plan on boating in Cali, Havasu or Parker.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Registered

bripar, I was running about 60-65 thru the narrows and saw a little green boat with 2 guys on the other side of the channel. One of them had what I thought was a radar gun aimed at me. As it turned it was a db meter. They chased me for a while until we noticed they had lights flashing. We turned around and went back to them. Long story short, we were tested and failed and given a citation. It was a $95.00 fine that I mailed in. That's it. They did not check for switchables at that time. Not sure what will happen in '05 when the noise laws take effect.

Quality, thanks. I'll check them out too. Yep, that's where I boat. Not Havasu tho, Parker, Mojave, and Mead.

Blown, thank you too. I will check those.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:45 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Lavey,
I was out at Parker last month visiting friends and we were pulled over at night. We were running just on plane in a 30' Spectre. db test reulted in 110 at idle. Received a warning. He is now shopping for mufflers as well.

Paul
Old 10-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Registered

pb,

110db's at idle? Yikes, that puppy is loud. I was 95db's at idle. I assume the Spectre has twins?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got my fifth exhaust ticket at Tahoe about a month ago. Mother f*cker told me not to bring my boat up there any more until I muffle it.

If you boys go up to the lake the sherrif's name is Bitnner. he is a Nazi mother f'r and will mess with you as soon as you splash. He nailed a friend of mine for unsafe driving when he jumped a cruizer wake on open water. This guy has TONS of experiance, he runs "Gone Again" and is the last person who would ever be unsafe.

I'm putting the GGb's on it. They seem to have the best rep. for performance and build. Biggus sold me on those.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At lake Tahoe they don't bother with a db meter. They just write you up for being "inadequately muffled". That way it's not a fix it ticket and you have to pay.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:32 PM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Lavey,
My bad on the info. Things get a little blurry after the RoadRunner. I e-mailed to verify.

107 @1800rpm. 93 with 1 motor running.

Quick Reply: Mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.