Notices

Mufflers

Old 10-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mufflers

Originally Posted by Quality Time
Hot Lavey,

Rex came out with thier new tips that reportedly meet the new CA 2005 Regs. without any loss of power. I would give them a call and discuss your application. That's if you plan on boating in Cali, Havasu or Parker.
The Rex Marine ones are supposed to be really nice and do the trick on the noise without hurting performance.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=hotlavey] We turned around and went back to them.QUOTE]

What? first mistake! When I'm on plane and I see a cop boat, I look away, drive past, and speed TF up!!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Registered

Canada, you've heard the expression "You can run, but you can't hide"? I was on a lake, large for sure, but a lake. All he had to do was to follow me or radio another patrol to watch for me. I had to turn around sooner or later or try to hide in a cove. Eventually I had to go to a marina, where I would have been nailed for more then just an exhaust. My boat is easy to recognize and they may well have gotten the name as I went by. Believe me, it was easier to pay the fine then to try and hide all day.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Registered

Troutly, thanks.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have not had my boat checked by the water mounties but the HPI mufflers definitely to the bark out of my 454 mag's. I don't know what my readings would be but I have not been hastled at all since I installed the HPI mufflers.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've sold several sets of the GGB's. Every one seems to be very happy with them. I can offer some pretty good pricing on them. Shoot me an email or PM with your requirements and I'll give you a quote. They can be drop shipped straight to you from GGB.

Bob
Old 10-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Registered

bobl, I e'd you specs/requirements for my ride. Let me know.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotlavey
Canada, you've heard the expression "You can run, but you can't hide"? I was on a lake, large for sure, but a lake. All he had to do was to follow me or radio another patrol to watch for me. I had to turn around sooner or later or try to hide in a cove. Eventually I had to go to a marina, where I would have been nailed for more then just an exhaust. My boat is easy to recognize and they may well have gotten the name as I went by. Believe me, it was easier to pay the fine then to try and hide all day.
AHH, understand! I got fined years ago, put the Teague switchables on. Hit the switch when I am near the cops, and they just smile and wave at me. For the past 5 years now! Different boat but still, I'm quiet near them. I guess they feel they did there job, and made a diff.

Little different here too, All I have to do is cross the imaginary boarder.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Registered

Canada, I wish I had your problem but, unfortunately, I don't. Switchables may work for you, and may work here if you see the patrol in time, but both times I was nailed, I did not see the patrol until it was too late. Besides, switchables are against the law here or soon will be. The silencers available now seem to be much improved over what was available a few years ago. Meets the db regs and little if any power loss. And still a little of that nice noise.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Registered

Too Old,

Those are the one's I was referring to in my original post. They seem very much like the GGB's also mentioned in this thread. You know of any differences/

Thanks

Quick Reply: Mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.