Notices

Mufflers

Old 10-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mufflers

Are any of the manufactures putting it in print that they will be below or meet the California Standards coming in 05. Looking to quite down a 525ci 1071 blown with CMI elbow tops. Looked at GGB and I like the Livorsi too but they are all a lot of money to just try. Livorsi are more $$$ but if they work better then that woud be the way to go I think.

Some here are using IMCO gattlins but they will not meet the noise laws. They take the bark out but will not pass a meter test.

Mufflers are going to be in demand it looks like for 05.

I wonder when the Harley riders are going to get hit with this.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paradigm,

The Livorsi's are actually cheaper then the GGB's. Check out their web sites. Not sure about meeting Ca limits tho- I'll check with them.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered

I guess I need mufflers to and don't know with ones to buy that will do the job. But I don't under stand why just the boaters are getting picked on. I see every summer 300 motor cycles doing runs being lead buy state troopers and troopers at all major intersections with two thirds of the bikes will not pass the db test and they have no problem with them. Most every one you talk to says they love the boats and the noise so where is the problem. My brand new honda push mower won't pass either.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotlavey
paradigm,

The Livorsi's are actually cheaper then the GGB's. Check out their web sites. Not sure about meeting Ca limits tho- I'll check with them.
I guess I should call Livorsi. I have checked there sites and for some reason I thought Livorsi lists there's as a single muffler price and GGB's I know are listed as a set.

Rex has new mufflers and they work well with a 500 or 525 HP but I am not sure thet will work for my application.

Last edited by paradigm shift; 10-24-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

Wow, I thought when they indicated "Single" they were referring to engines, not each muffler. That does make them expensive.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Old
Livorsi DOES price the mufflers as individuals on that particular muffler. I don't know about GGB.....

If you shop real hard, you can find Livorsi dealers or distributors that can give you some brother in law pricing on mufflers.

Thanks Too OLD. I have not had the pleasure of doing business with Trick Marine yet and even though I am on the other coast I assure you that you are at the top of my list when the time comes. I keep checking your web site so I am sure it is just a matter of time before I come calling for that brother in law pricing on some parts or mufflers or some other shiny do-dad.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GGB's are priced per pair....
Old 10-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Registered

I've also heard the Imco mufflers are pretty good.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Registered

Specifically the Gatlin mufflers.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Registered

Hot Lavey thanks for the heads up. I still haven't got there yet but switchables will do no good in that scenario. I assume when you say Narrows you mean the closes narrows to Boulder City (where Wishing Well cove is) and not the Narrows past Temple Bar? Also for your info I got hassled in my 382 Formula Fastech in August by Nevad Fish and Game about my boat not having a Nevada Sticker even though it is a USCG Certified boat. The officer told me that a new law is in effect that requires a once a year sticker to be bought if you operate more than 50% of the time ( and then he said if your on the lake at all) so I don't know what is correct. I asked him how to do that and he said pay for it and then send in the mail for it and "show proof of paying sales or use tax in some state" and then they will issue you a sticker.
I then pointed out that I didn't have to pay any sales and use tax because Cal. law doesn't require it under certain circumstances. He said then pay Nevada sales and use tax. I have done anything about that boat because I sold it and bought the Outerlimits which again will be USCG Certified. We will see.

Quick Reply: Mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.