Notices

Mufflers

Old 10-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mufflers

bripar, the narrows are just up from Calville between Sandy Cove and Boathouse Cove. We were heading out of Calville going to Temple Bar and you have to go through the narrows on the way there. It's a great ride but it took a little longer then we had planned(ticket writing). My boat has a Az reg even tho we live in Orange Co, Ca. The patrol didn't mention anything about a Nv reg. Maybe the law has changed since I got my ticket. We were there this year and had no problems(also no mufflers).
Conrats on the Outerlimits, that's an awsome ride. What power do you have? Model? Like to see it sometime if we boat in the same areas. Let me know.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Registered

bripar, I just noticed you are from Yorba Linda. We used to live there until we moved to Villa Park. We're neighbors, small world.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been saying it for years that noise laws and mufflers are coming. I am going to use HPI transom mount mufflers and GGB inserts for CMI elbow top tailpipes. I want to be quiet and stealth at 80-100mph!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Registered

Hey Lavey we are neighbors. Many years ago I raced a 18' Lavey Sebring with a Hoped Up Yamaha Motor in the Mod VP Class.

The Outerlimits has 900 SC built up to 975 SC's by Gellner Engineering in Ohio, with #6 Drives. I have had to have some work done to the engines and interior to bring the boat up to 1st class condition. I am hoping to have the boat at Lake Mead by the weekend of Nov.6th. I bought the boat in New Jersey and it has been in Ohio having the engine work and some rigging done, and now it is in Mo. having the Cabin re upholstered. I am anxious to get the thing in the water.

Yes I know the Narrows. How was launching at Calville this year? We have been going to Echo Bay to launch our 38' Formula because we where told that most other launch ramps where not in good enough shape to launch big boats.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Registered

bripar,

We could not launch at Calville this year, had to move down to Lake Mead Marina due to low water. There is a good ramp there with enough pavement to get the trailer into the water without getting stuck in the mud.
My old friend Larry Hansen raced Lavey's years ago too. Mostly at Marine Stadium in the drag races.
Sounds as though your new boat is going to fly. What speed are you looking for? How did you happen to find one in New Jersey? What year is the boat? I looked at some of the Outerlimits for sale at a couple of sites. Those are some absolutely beautiful hulls, I envy you. My wife saw me looking at them and said "Oh no you don't, you just got yours running right, besides, I want to remodel our bathroom". So much for dreaming.
Let me know how things are progressing and for sure how it ran at Mead. After this last rain there may be a little more water there.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Registered

bripar,

In my last post to you I said we launched out of Lake Mead Marina, I meant Las Vegas Marina as Lake Mead Marina was closed completely. Sorry about the brain-fart.

Tom
Old 10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One of the sets of Livorsi mufflers are just re-packaged HPIs.

I went with HPIs and had a great result. Dan was very helpful.

No problems... clamped on in 15 minutes!
Old 10-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Registered

Boomer,

Did you take any db measurements before and after the install? How about performance? Sound? What power are you running?
I'm not sure if I want to use clamp-on's or transom mounts yet.
Thanks for the input.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

Hot Lavey. The Outerlimits is a year 2000. When I did a sea trial i saw 109 with 500 RPM left. Old owner says 113 MPH. I just had the engines completely gone through and upgraded to Jessel Shaft Rocker Arm System.
Should run at least 113 MPH. But I will probably use spacers in the drives to get the Spray to calm down for the Catalina Ski race so I will loose some MPH.
Most of these Outerlimits are on the East Coast. I went back and looked at three different 37's and picked this one.

Lake Mead Marina has a good luanch area ok thanks
Old 10-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered

bripar,

It's the Las Vegas marina that has the good launch- Lake Mead marina is closed.
Keep me posted on the progress and maybe E some pictures to me. [email protected]

Thanks

Quick Reply: Mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.