Hydromotive P5X results are in >

Hydromotive P5X results are in

Notices

Hydromotive P5X results are in

Old 11-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hydromotive P5X results are in

So far the best speed I have had is with a Houston Prop labed bravo1 30 with a top speed of 105.8 @ 5800 12% slip. The same weekend I ran the 29 P5x & best speed was 101.3. My computer did not log the run so I did not know what the RPM was. I like the P5X for the way it carries the bow but I just did not see the speed. Hopefully I will get another chance to go out & compare my 29 P5x, 30 labed bravo & stock 32.

I also have a stock 34 & takes me half a day to get planed out since it blows out so bad.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

BLOWNBOAT,

I was a rider in a 28 Daytona that had a nose cone on side and no cone on the other. The drive without the cone started picking up a lot more rpms above 85mph compared to the side with the nose cone. We stopped at 105 because there was a several hundred rpm different at that point.

We either had 32 Bravo 1s or 31 Quad IVs, I don't remember what was on at that time. The drive had a leading edge cone on it and his other drive was getting fixed so we threw this one on.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blownboat...
i can't really comment on the nosecone deal.. it has always had a nose cone...
i can tell you that i tried a 2" shorty and the boat did not like that at all...could not roll it over..
i have a standard length lower and the top of my drive is about two inches below the rubrail

i have learned that estimating x dimensions on daytonas by looking at the drive relative to the rubrail is only meaningful when comparing apples to apples...the two step daytona has a completly different center pod and therefore the rubrail comparison to a single step is not valid ..

gm
Old 11-01-2004, 09:13 PM
blownboat

Originally Posted by rbtnt
BLOWNBOAT,

I was a rider in a 28 Daytona that had a nose cone on side and no cone on the other. The drive without the cone started picking up a lot more rpms above 85mph compared to the side with the nose cone. We stopped at 105 because there was a several hundred rpm different at that point.

We either had 32 Bravo 1s or 31 Quad IVs, I don't remember what was on at that time. The drive had a leading edge cone on it and his other drive was getting fixed so we threw this one on.
Well we will see soon, I am going to try the same length lower but it has a nose cone on it. It is amazing that it would make that much difference. Jspeeddemon,Was that a p5x or just a regular p5 hydromotive. Hydromotive sais the x is a bow lifting prop and the p5 is a stern lifting prop. Throttle up sais you may get a little more stern lift with the x just because it is a 5 blade, but not much. Maybe that is why seans red daytona is loose in the back,or will to high of an x do that. Humm...

Old 11-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gmnhra
blownboat...
i have learned that estimating x dimensions on daytonas by looking at the drive relative to the rubrail is only meaningful when comparing apples to apples...the two step daytona has a completly different center pod and therefore the rubrail comparison to a single step is not valid ..
gm

I have learned the easiest way to compare is to go from prop center line & compare to the lowest part of the sponsons. This way works good for single engines but when twins are compared it getts a little more tricky. Different hulls will still make a difference but at least there are 2 common points this way.

By the way, My 26 is 1/2" above,
Old 11-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Yes you are correct, according to the prop info I received the P5X is a bow lifter but the fifth blade gives the extra lift which Daytonas don't care for, for the most part. I was told definitely the P5 will not work at all. My info came from the Max Machine Worx folks who have been involved in testing the five blades with several of their customers.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The P5-X gives some stern lift but not like the P5. The semi-cleaver blades like Hydromotives or herrings give a greater amount of stern lift than the P5-X prop.

Julie
Old 11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
blownboat

It worked great on mine,but then again I am only running in the low 90s and I have a low x dimension!

Old 11-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I put P5X's on my 42 Fountain, and ran 94 at 5250 still hitting the rev limiter. Great Prop, handled well, has a slight cavitation at startup but digs right in right before leveling out. Cruising is the best, I cut 40 Gallons of fuel out of a typical weekend.

Thanks to Julie at Throttle-Up she was a great help.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Blownboat, Where do you boat?? Havasu?? I'll be in Phoenix over thanksgiving and was wondering what there is to do around that town, Havasu looks to be about 3 hours away??? What else is there?? I'll have the prego wife and 2 year old, and they mentioned the ZOO, I;m not really into it but I guess I'll take them!!
Any info. would be great!!
Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Hydromotive P5X results are in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.