Blower Ingnition Questions >

Blower Ingnition Questions

Notices

Blower Ingnition Questions

Old 11-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Blower Ingnition Questions

I Am Building 588 Blower Motors With 1071 Blowers Looking For Info On What Ign Systems Are Being Used With Success. Was Considering Using Msd Billet Distributors With Advance Locked Out And Cranes Hi6 Marine Box With Preprogramed Timing Curves And Msd Blaster 2 High Vibration Coils. I Have Spoken To Several Engine Builders And Everyone I Spoke With Was Running A Different Set Up.thx In Advance For Any Insight. Ratman
Old 11-02-2004, 06:53 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Blower Ingnition Questions

Talk to Teague Custom Marine. On their recommendation I ran the full MSD system with good results on my 540's with 1071's. Also check with Nickerson in PA. for carbs and ignition. His parts work. Bolt it on and go.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Registered

what all are you running thats msd? did you lock out the advance in the distributor? what boxes are you using what is your initial timing and total advance when is full advance in rpm wise? thx in advance for your input
Old 11-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Registered

what all are you running thats msd? did you lock out the advance in the distributor? what boxes are you using what is your initial timing and total advance when is full advance in rpm wise? thx in advance for your input
Old 11-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

I have good luck with MSD. I run Billet Distributors with 6m boxes. Blaster coils. Timing Locked out at 32. 540 10-71,s 10lbs boost.
A little hard on the starters. I kick it with three optima 1000 blue gel cells.
Keep it simple.

I dont have any insight on the crane boxes.

I have been reading good stuff about DUI. But no actual run time.

Gerry
Old 11-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Do a search, my opinion for a set it and forget it is Crane Hi6M. Very reliable. Had mine for 5 years, 150 hrs per year on a used box.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm also runing MSD billet, locked out, 32 degrees timimg, 6M box, and boost timing master on procharged 468. This systems is 10 years old, only had one problem with the spring weight coming lose once.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I install the MSD 6M2 and MSD billet marine distributor Blaster 2 coil on my stuff. MSD 8.5 mm wires as well.

Not locked out but the black (largest) advance bushing in it. This gives the most initial and only 18 degrees more of centrifugal. 34 total

I run the light blue and light silver springs. This lets the remaining 18 degrees full in by 3100 RPM

To each his own.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
I Am Building 588 Blower Motors With 1071 Blowers Looking For Info On What Ign Systems Are Being Used With Success. Was Considering Using Msd Billet Distributors With Advance Locked Out And Cranes Hi6 Marine Box With Preprogramed Timing Curves And Msd Blaster 2 High Vibration Coils. I Have Spoken To Several Engine Builders And Everyone I Spoke With Was Running A Different Set Up.thx In Advance For Any Insight. Ratman
Thats what we run at Zuls.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Registered

im not going to be running chillers on my 588s due to the fact i dont want to make addl hp. i dont wanna punish my drives or trans. is 34 degrees to much timing? dont wanna get even close to the detination range. i thought youd want at least 20 or so initial timing and about 12 in your timing curve. how do blower motors react through the rpm range with timing locked out and set @ 32* ? how will timing affect idle and off idle? im in tampa and there are a lot of no wake zones where you idle for ever it seems!

Quick Reply: Blower Ingnition Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.