Water circulation problems !!! >

Water circulation problems !!!

Notices

Water circulation problems !!!

Old 11-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry Water circulation problems !!!

Went to winterize my 350 mpi's / bravo 1's today. Got the stabil in the tank, got quart of Marvel in each engine, hooked up the garden hose to the engine flush, fired it up, let it get up to temp while mixing up my concoction submerged drive in the bucket, shut off garden hose and nothing ... put ear muffs on with 2 feet of hose going into bucket...nothing first thought is raw water pump ? went to other engine let it get up to temp, stuck hose from ear muff into bucket woohoo out comes green. let her run for a few shot a little marvel in the throttle body fogged her out DONE.. was planning on rebuilding both raw water pumps before she gets splashed in the spring, going to attempt to hook up an xtra bilge pump i have, to a section of hose and run to flush connector (since water flows perfectly through engine when hooked up to garden hose) and see if that works...am i correct in assuming that its the raw water pump ?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Water circulation problems !!!

Yup, the water pump is bad enough that it wont create a good vacuum, probably got wood chips in there from Camden

BTW, trying to suck up from a bucket is hard on the pump, try to make a rig that you can feed from a bucket above the drive on the platform. A ball valve in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket with a hose connector on it works well.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks...and speaking of camden, when i removed the props today in the hollow part of the lower on one drive i had a ****load of wood chips and on the other an actual plastic bottle cap.......grrrrrrrrrrr
Old 11-08-2004, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
thanks...and speaking of camden, when i removed the props today in the hollow part of the lower on one drive i had a ****load of wood chips and on the other an actual plastic bottle cap.......grrrrrrrrrrr
No Manatee teeth ?
Old 11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
monsta

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a bilge pump and a 6' length of hose, work's fantastic. I agree probably the impeller.