Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Notices

Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Old 03-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

We were talking about that yesterday when I was at Precision looking at his motor.He would definitely make more power.My advice to him is to finish the boat get the motor running and if you feel the need for more power the after a season pull it out and make some changes.But for now just get that dam thing running.I keep telling him that I will have a new motor before his hits the water.I told him why dont you give me that motor and I will use it cause he never will.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we have at least 8 threads on each but don't think shell maki it again next time going to 502's.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Rob,
Are you going to paint them or leave em black? I was just reading back at all the blend work you did on the heads. I did the same to my harley, its amazing how much power can be had just by cleaning them up, not taking away too much material though. I left my intake ports with a satin finish to help atomize the fuel, but its NA so it needed it, forced inductions needs smooooth, Looks great though cant wait for spring!! I also have a 71 conv Chevelle for sale, no motor or trans in it, know anyone looking?I'll let it go for 7k...Rob
Old 03-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by amarket1
We were talking about that yesterday when I was at Precision looking at his motor.He would definitely make more power.My advice to him is to finish the boat get the motor running and if you feel the need for more power the after a season pull it out and make some changes.But for now just get that dam thing running.I keep telling him that I will have a new motor before his hits the water.I told him why dont you give me that motor and I will use it cause he never will.

boy , i run with a tough crowed someone else would be running also if he wasen't taking new whipples apart

Old 03-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Rob,
Are you going to paint them or leave em black? I was just reading back at all the blend work you did on the heads. I did the same to my Harley, its amazing how much power can be had just by cleaning them up, not taking away too much material though. I left my intake ports with a satin finish to help atomize the fuel, but its NA so it needed it, forced inductions needs smooooth, Looks great though cant wait for spring!! I also have a 71 conv Chevelle for sale, no motor or trans in it, know anyone looking?I'll let it go for 7k...Rob
I wish I had come up with a custom color.But just going with black .I think I will later change the valve covers to something like Fred [Trick Marine ]did on his . I figure with all the polished alum and steel braided hose it will look ok. Thats the way I did my Scarab blower motor ,Here's a picture of it

Rob They tell me they still want the Ruff intake port for atomization. I haven't heard different yet?

Keep the Chevelle and finish it . You'll have fun with a convertible.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-aa-scarab-engine-medium-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I wish I had come up with a custom color.But just going with black .I think I will later change the valve covers to something like Fred [Trick Marine ]did on his . I figure with all the polished alum and steel braided hose it will look ok. Thats the way I did my Scarab blower motor ,Here's a picture of it

Rob They tell me they still want the Ruff intake port for atomization. I haven't heard different yet?

Keep the Chevelle and finish it . You'll have fun with a convertible.

Rob
those are sweet, fred's covers look awesome, and you can just send them out have it done and switch them in a couple hours.The black will look great as well, the small atomization tricks work, did in my bike, I'm only 10 over with wiseco's and doing as much HP and more TQ than most 96 inchers and some 103's.
I'm thinkin about sending the chevelle to Troy Trepanier, I have done the chassi, its all poly with discs, I have a 355 and a 383 blower motor on stands that would really make it scream. I like what he did with Chicayne and the fastback mustang. Just wonder about the 80-100 k that it would take. I did have a blast in it, but I own 2 companies and time is tough, my 9 year old daughter comes first and she digs harleys and boats. Its not hurting anything by sitting in the garage, its heated and A/C just hate seeing it sit ya know??
Old 03-06-2005, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Oh and rough for atomization is right for blown, unless injectors are at port, like fuel rail. carbs need rough. but like everything else, depends who ya talk too...Rob
Old 03-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Rob
VIP Member

[QUOTE=open72]boy , i run with a tough crowed someone else would be running also if he wasen't taking new whipples apart

Eric I could not help it .

I just got thru porting the Whipple intake .The ports on the heads and intake are lining up real good !! I took out all the sharp edges and rounded it all up.Probably a waste of time on a Blower but any thing to help the restriction.Hopefully with all this work the boost #'s will be lower than they say with the pulleys that come with the kit ?

More picks No cutting done
Attached Thumbnails Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-029.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-032.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-033.jpg  

Old 03-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Ck out the prototype double stacked innercooler

Do you think Procharger has a better kit ? Look at all the hardware.I am impressed so far and I am glad I went with the Whipple set up.Bling
Attached Thumbnails Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-039.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-009.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-001.jpg  

Old 03-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Quick Reply: Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.