Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Strip,when are the motors going to Mark?Might try to be there for that.BOB
Old 03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Prob in late april ? I am now trying to match up the intake with the heads .Things are coming together. I have been taking picks of every thing along the way..Its going slower than I predicted . i am probaly being too anal about the little things .

Looks like World products make the Intake for Whipple . I have been cutting all week on heads and intake .

Like Richie Zul told me the other day I sould of bought some heads and would be allready done . But whats time to a monkey I will next time

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the dual inter-cooler picture from above. Do you have rights to the design? I can't imagine the amount of time you have in the heads. I was real happy with the Dart 308 Heads.

When its all done, You will be happy with the results. I really like the look of the Whipple. Second only to a roots blower in looks, probably better in performance & reliability. No scoop needed which is a plus.

Keep the pictures coming, and if you have any spare time make a few posts in the other section.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Linster
I like the dual inter-cooler picture from above. Do you have rights to the design? I can't imagine the amount of time you have in the heads. I was real happy with the Dart 308 Heads.

When its all done, You will be happy with the results. I really like the look of the Whipple. Second only to a roots blower in looks, probably better in performance & reliability. No scoop needed which is a plus.

Keep the pictures coming, and if you have any spare time make a few posts in the other section.
The other section OSO has told me I have been slacking and membership is down.When the motors are finished

Linnie keep me posted on yours!!

rob

Old 03-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads,yeah I went with 315 cnc AFRs.Hind site is always 20/20.I've raced 6cyl (road race) so I couldn't wait to get a cool set of al. heads.Thanks again for the pics.BOB
Old 03-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You were right, The ECU will need adjustment. I sent them to Mark today. If I could set the idle up to 900RPM it might of cleared up.

It ran but the transom was pretty black. Oh well. I was planning on doing that anyway. I just needed to experiment.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Linster
You were right, The ECU will need adjustment. I sent them to Mark today. If I could set the idle up to 900RPM it might of cleared up.

It ran but the transom was pretty black. Oh well. I was planning on doing that anyway. I just needed to experiment.
Mark will take care of you. how did it run? Linnie Where you able to get a chance to dyno it ? bump the rev limit up also while your at it .Zing zing

Bob for what I spent on the heads replacing all the parts in them and the machine work I bet I was real close to the Alum heads

Rob

Old 03-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Rob
VIP Member

I am kinda going to jump around on posting picks .Not in order of build up.

Here are some of the innercooler ., This thing was heavy!!
Attached Thumbnails Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-012.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-013.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-014.jpg  

Old 03-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Ck out the video of my Whipple.It loads slow . play it on 640 and when the pick comes up double click on it

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=-02524

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=-02524&width=640
Attached Thumbnails Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-016.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-017.jpg  

Old 03-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Rob
VIP Member

I had the machine shop ck all the clearance's on the crank and mains , and the new rods come on the tight side so we put them in the middle of spec .

I started out plastic gauging it and it was not coming out right . Don't know why. But I bought a new Dial bore gage . I already had the snap gages and Mic's. So I could make sure everything was good on the bottom end . The rods came up to .0027- .0032 One crank was on the small side so I had to play around with the different bearings on that one .

The crank came out to .003 and .0035 rear.Everything on the bottom end went together good
Attached Thumbnails Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-041.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-053.jpg   Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up-blowers-intake-bearings-2-058.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.