Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Notices

Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Old 10-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
The motors look nice Rob !! I like how the fp's & filter mount to the pan that way.. The brackets may be common (?) but for some reason thats the first time I've ever seen that or payed enuff attention but either way I may have to steal that idea..
Thanks,that the 500efi bracket.i just cut it down,it makes every thing self conatned, you could just give it fuel and fire,it would run,make for true dyno # on the dyno I even had powersterring fludid running thru it on the pulls,
Rob
Old 10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been following the thread, looks awesome!

Suggestion on the polished aluminum. Order some Zoops Seal.
It will protect the aluminum once you have it polished so it does not start corroding or getting water spots. It will last a couple years! That is what the street rodders use on their high dollar polished billet parts and wheels.
If you have the time it is well worth the effort! You will not have to polish again for a year or 2!

On the distributor shoot some metal protectant on it, the ionized air and moisture both attack the bare metal in the housings.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Thanks,that the 500efi bracket.i just cut it down,it makes every thing self conatned, you could just give it fuel and fire,it would run,make for true dyno # on the dyno I even had powersterring fludid running thru it on the pulls,
Rob
Cool.. See I knew I probably just wasn't paying enuff attention.. haha.. Yeah the "self contained unit" deal is what I liked about it.. I'm in the process of getting my power as "plug & play" ready as I can in order to keep the in & out of the bilge tripps durring rigging down to 300-400..

Btw: Not trying to redirect the thread but sweet 69 in your avatar !!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Cool.. See I knew I probably just wasn't paying enuff attention.. haha.. Yeah the "self contained unit" deal is what I liked about it.. I'm in the process of getting my power as "plug & play" ready as I can in order to keep the in & out of the bilge tripps durring rigging down to 300-400..

Btw: Not trying to redirect the thread but sweet 69 in your avatar !!

Thanks,yea I hate putting them together by myself.climbing that ladder,as soon as your in the boat ya remember what ya forgot to get
Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 26 Spyder
Been following the thread, looks awesome!

Suggestion on the polished aluminum. Order some Zoops Seal.
It will protect the aluminum once you have it polished so it does not start corroding or getting water spots. It will last a couple years! That is what the street rodders use on their high dollar polished billet parts and wheels.
If you have the time it is well worth the effort! You will not have to polish again for a year or 2!

On the distributor shoot some metal protect ant on it, the ionized air and moisture both attack the bare metal in the housings.

Thanks for the comps,is the Zoops like a coating? Must be a pain to apply.

Thanks for the sugestions,
Rob

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 10-26-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Why wasnt the block painted blue instead of black when you got it back?
Only thing blue from Mercury Racing is(Valve Covers,Intake,Pulleys, Alternator) Everything else is black
Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

This October 2012 Ok I'm tearing down,Preventive maintenance I guess ya call it.

I put the blowers on in 2005 on this build up,Ive got some cool stuff and weird stuff to post.

Ive got a new Dart Block ordered and fixing to replace all the Valve train in one motor and inspect the other"Which is all new already" picks to come.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Thanks for starting this thead Rob it was really a big help with my motor builds, the same size but only thing i did a little different was went with the AFR335 heads and the Crane 681 cams, at the recommendation from Dustin at Whipple. The motors should be done this week there going in 30 foot Cigarette Mystique with Xr -2 shorties, just hope they hold up for a little while....Can't wait to hear your stories about your motors and the rebuilds....Again thanks for starting a great thread..Joe
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Rob
VIP Member

playing around,overtrimmed roostertail

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M477xj49Vfc[/YOUTUBE]

Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Rob
VIP Member

2010 dynoing 883hp, fresh rebuild with ethanol 93,Thanks to Mark at Precision Marine Kenner Louisiana.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5m4Cbnt5NQ[/YOUTUBE]

Quick Reply: Hustler 500efi engine tear down & Build Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.