What's the best marine battery?

Notices

What's the best marine battery?

Old 04-11-2023, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 645 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by bencini231
I hate to say it but the Everstart from Walmart have lasted longer than the optima's and other top brands for me. It's my go to replacement now on everything we have marine and auto, except for the BMW which everstart doesn't make one for.
I may be imagining something that never happened but I swear that there used to be Everstart MAXX marine batteries...I'd swear again that I'd bought them in years past...and that I had good luck with them. 3 year warranty (if my obviously possibly flawed memory is correct).
Old 04-11-2023, 07:20 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,177 Likes on 1,433 Posts

Originally Posted by bencini231
I hate to say it but the Everstart from Walmart have lasted longer than the optima's and other top brands for me. It's my go to replacement now on everything we have marine and auto, except for the BMW which everstart doesn't make one for.
You can say it, and i will too even though i sold interstate for years till they wheren't all that and a bag of chips anymore.
Old 04-12-2023, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Everything I own still rocks an Interstate Battery (truck, car, jeep, boat, mower, whole house gen) and have for years and I continue to have good luck with them. Guess I'm lucky. I do, however, go no longer than 5 years on any of them before proactively replacing them.

BTW, I'm not an Interstate nut swinger. They are just up the road from me, I get a 10% discount for the company I work for, and they always have what I need in stock. Convenience plays a big role here.
The following users liked this post:
SB (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 437 Likes on 261 Posts

I also have had excellent luck Walmart Everstart Maxx marine batteries. I just replace both of them in 2022, figured I should they were 9 years old. I never turn off the battery switches, unless I am wrenching near the starter, until winter storage. Thay are kept on a bass boat style charged that is mounted on the bulkhead.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

DEKA makes batteries for most of the names mentioned so I go to the source and get the DEKA AGM's. I've had mine for at least 5 years so far and no issues. But I do have a Pro-Marine multi-bank charger on them and keep the boat plugged in when I put it away.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
DEKA makes batteries for most of the names mentioned so I go to the source and get the DEKA AGM's. I've had mine for at least 5 years so far and no issues. But I do have a Pro-Marine multi-bank charger on them and keep the boat plugged in when I put it away.
I was going to say exactly this ^^^

Years ago I worked at Deka Battery in Fleetwood PA. The facility is massive... like several hundred acres of land... with their own medical staff, fire response team, etc...
I was one of 20+ forklift techs that worked 24/7/365 on over 2000 electric forklifts, pallet trucks, etc...

One of the buildings has a large area set aside just to warehouse rolls of stickers/brand labels for the batteries. They make most of the auto parts store batteries, OEM batteries, etc... WalMart, O'Reilly, Volvo, Mack, etc...

So... chances are... those cheap long lasting batteries are from Deka.