A
lol

That was pretty much the extent of my knowledge before reading clearcut's post
Old 12-22-2004, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: what is the diff between a ssmIII and a ssm3A

Originally Posted by ratman
njgr8ful, will have longblocks together next week hope to dyno before first of the year. will post pics and dyno figs when there completed. ratman
Can't wait for completed pics
Old 12-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Registered

Default Re: what is the diff between a ssmIII and a ssm3A

Any pics Rat??
Old 12-31-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

just these pics from the ebay listing will have pics of engines soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

hull is in great shape it was regel coated 2 yrs ago 1 yr old int/gaffrig gauges, ssm#3a's with 140 hours, props, lightning dry headers, 11 plate trans rated for 1150 hp, sweet teak int., trailer with nice wheels n tires... i think i got a good deal. ratman
Old 12-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Registered

Nice boat, ratman. Where are you located?
Did you find a truck yet?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Registered

very nice
Old 01-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice boat, ratman. Where are you located?
im in tampa fl, but will be boating a lot off ft. laud/ NMB and the keys this season. i was high bidder on a couple on ebay but the trucks did not hit reserve and when i contacted seller they wanted foolish coin. i have another week or 2 before i will NEED one so i'll see what comes up. i'm pretty sure i can bua mid 90's powerstroke crew cab dually for between 6 and 7k.

Nice Mistress Phil. :}

thx fred. can't wait to get it finished and go crush some waves i'll give you a call after the first about the ke bellhousings... i'm still unhappy about being sent used coolers with the used bell housings i got from you know who... i would never considered purchasing them had he not told me they would be used housings with new coolers. i paid 900.00 each and one housing was so eaten up it wouldn't have lasted a season. same f'in thing with the fuel line assm.s he told me" i'll have to make them up" which i understood to be new. then he sent me used sh8t. the hoses were all dry rotted and cracked, the distrabution blocks were pitted and corroded. some real crap!!! for a mere 200.00 each don't want to creamate my boat quite yet...i ordered the oil adapter that mounts on the block where the filter would mount. "i've got some nice billet ones" he sent crusty oem merc ones the has like 3 or 4 coats of paint and were cast alum with the plastic caps. again some real crap for 180.00 each. i was to f8in made to call him for a few days as i would told how i really felt about being bent over at the waist and fisted... so i emailed him he told me he would take care of it. so i rode over on xmas day met him and he gave me used oil adapters that were billet alum, one blue and one polished F'ing NICE an unmatched set. he had the same used rotted fuel lines said now i can't do them for 200.00, great he sets the prices and then won't honor them. i spent over 10k on parts so far with him. then after expalining i don't want to gamble on used coolers that neither he nor i know the history of on my new high dollar motors. he had them because some one replaced theirs before one failed and cost them an engine. Yeah thats what i want on my motors someone else worn out sh*t! i told him how cool it was of you to yank one off of your motors so i could have a pair. i felt a lil crappy about you doing that for me so when he offered me a nice used set of housings with new coolers i figured cool i'll save a few bucks and you might even get your boat wet one day sooner. (i understand it's been a while). i mean crap i'm really disapointed that him being a big engine builder would give me sound advice. he instead used me as a dumping ground for he used junk. same deal on the cams i told him i want to build for reliabilty and dont want to rev over 5600 to 5800 rpms (im 4.625 stroke) so he sells me some crane cams (them biggest hyd that crane makes) perfect for someone that wants 4900 rpm for cruise and a nice surging idle at 1200 rpms. hosed again.
i was also fortunate enough to deal with another big so. fla engine builder bought a pair of 1071's used and 2 sets of dart 360 heads. when i went to pick up the heads. his wife runs to the heads and removes the shipping labels so i wont know the name of the machine shop that put them together with new valves and springs. he told me they are set up so i can run any hyd. roller cam i want. they had 200lbs on the seat. but whats really amazing is both of these builders are big advertisers on this site i pm'ed one member running a set of one guys engines told him how i was treated and he would respond to me. pm'ed another member that use to work with one of these guys and knows the other one well explained what happened and he to wouldn't respond. what gives... fortunately i read all the threads and realized 200 lbs on the seat wouldtoast my valve train in a hurry, im mean if the boat doesn't catch fire from the rotted fuels lines first.
anyway let me know if you have that NEW KE bellhousing left and if you can locate another. im bummed you started carrying those new water pumps only a fwew days after i got my ke's. thanks fred i'll talk to you soon. i may be carting my motors up to mark at mer as he really seems like he gives a damn about his customers, where as the so. fl. boys want to burn you and your cash first and formost. thanks fred hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday and thanks a again for being such a good guy. hope you got a white hat from santa. ratman
Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ratman..... Sounds like you were getting caught up in that so fla shuffle. What a scam, you don't know who you can trust. I know what you're talkin about when you say that alot of these big name builders just don't give a $hit. It really makes it look bad for the ones that do. And there still are a few out there.

Deal with Fred, he will ALWAYS treat you right and steer you in the right direction.
Good luck with your new toy, and hope to see some pics real soon....Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 01-02-2005, 10:14 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Ratman, you might want to stop by KE's place in Palm Coast. He isn't far from you and he will be fair/honest in his dealings with you. I have Merc bellhousings with the std coolers and I am going on 350 hours without any problems. Good luck.

Quick Reply: what is the diff between a ssmIII and a ssm3A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.