Options to quiet exhaust

Notices

Options to quiet exhaust

Old 01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Options to quiet exhaust

might want to look into gibson performance,,
ron told me when they were here last yr developed some new stuff for the marine industry.. he has run diff stuff on his 39 mti with quad rotor 1200s
i have gibson exhaust on kids s10 and my f250 deisel nice stuff..
Old 01-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right--the platrom right at the water-line is great. My boat didn't have a platform when I bought it so I could do what I wanted to do as far as placement went. Mine is mounted right at the top of the outdrive housing (gimble) and it sits just above the water at idle or at rest and i cmpletey out of the water.

There was some staining from rust from the exhaust risers and "silencing" material in the tips but it disappeared with a little brushing and the exposure to sun and saltwater.

I'm working on making a replica of the teak platform (except 30" deep instead of 24") using 1' Starboard. We're going to use the 1" starboard and add a 1" perimeter all the way around and put 1" runners where the 4 supports attach. We're going to use a CNC router and even cut the water pressure reliefe slots in the platform.

BTW I got the teal platfrom from a company that advertises in most boat mags for bow pulpits and swim platforms. THe product is great--I just want the updated whit look. If the starboard project doesn't work out I'm gnna get Extreme Marine tubular.

Bill Miller
Old 01-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is another picture of the way swim platfrom is on boat. I've replacd the tips with chrome muffler tips -- CORSA I think. They look good and have really mellowed out the engine sound across the entire throttle range. By mellow I mean it's a little quieter but not nearly as "raw" as it was with the long stright-thru's.
Attached Thumbnails Options to quiet exhaust-myboatswimplatform.jpg