Hull problem??? >

Hull problem???

Notices

Hull problem???

Old 01-09-2005, 06:59 PM
kennywould

Default Re: Hull problem???

Originally Posted by GPM
Was that Eliminator upside down when you saw it?
as a matter of fact it was, hanging in someones garage I think!

Old 01-09-2005, 07:00 PM
kennywould

Originally Posted by Griff
What prop are you running and what HP engine?????
27p four blade merc, 700 hp

Old 01-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the make and model of the propeller?

Julie
Old 01-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

kenny,are you using a nose cone? On my 272 i'm turning a 30 pitch 4 blade labbed prop around 5400,this summer while i was waiting for parts for my outdrive i bought a spare drive w/out nose cone and the boat felt like the nose was digging in,boat was hard to get trimmed out enough to loosen hull up. My hulls a 2000,ive had more problems with chinewalking above 70 than anything,full hyd strng helped take most of that out. Do you have a pic of your boat at speed,it really needs to be on hull pad towards back to air out enough to get good speed. I'll try to post pic if i can find one,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Hull problem???-scan.jpg  
Old 01-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That pic is at about 80mph without a nose cone,everyone i boat with says when i'm going mid 80's i only have about 2 feet of hull in water and that it almost looks like just the drives in the water. I haven't done anything to rear edge of hull yet,everyone says these bajas will go 2-3 mph faster without it BUT that it greatly increases porposing unless your dragging your trim tabs,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 01-11-2005 at 01:42 AM. Reason: keap speiling like i'm illegetimate,i means illeterate
Old 01-11-2005, 03:20 PM
kennywould

Originally Posted by articfriends
That pic is at about 80mph without a nose cone,everyone i boat with says when i'm going mid 80's i only have about 2 feet of hull in water and that it almost looks like just the drives in the water. I haven't done anything to rear edge of hull yet,everyone says these bajas will go 2-3 mph faster without it BUT that it greatly increases porposing unless your dragging your trim tabs,Smitty
Yep, looks good, I'am running a nose cone, my hulls 24 deg deadrise, is yours 24 or 22 deg, I know they changed them but I don't know what year it was. I raced a 2003 with a 496 blower motor and passed him, I think it was a procharger m3 on it. No problems with chine walking at all, I'll look for a pic at speed, should have one somewhere!

-Ken

Old 01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kenny, how fast is your baja running and whats your setup, my buddies got a 1999 with a 502, bone stock. hes been considering mods or blower. what speeds are you seeing with 700hp and how are you getting to 700?

artic, how bout you?

thanks
kevin
Old 01-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by boatn70
kenny, how fast is your baja running and whats your setup, my buddies got a 1999 with a 502, bone stock. hes been considering mods or blower. what speeds are you seeing with 700hp and how are you getting to 700?

artic, how bout you?

thanks
kevin
2000 baja 272,540 motor with m-3 procharger,30 pitch lab prop,85.1 mph gps best ever w/boat empty,83.5 mph any day of the week with 3/4 tk gas and 4 people,84.5 w/just me and the ol lady 1/2 tank gas and cooler full of BEER . Boat went 78 mph w/502 w/procharger & lightning headers turning 28 pitch 4 blade around 5200. Boat went 62 mph bone stock w/4 people,3/4 tk gas,23 pitch at 5050,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Hull problem???-boat-tests-018.jpg  

Last edited by articfriends; 01-11-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
kennywould

Originally Posted by boatn70
kenny, how fast is your baja running and whats your setup, my buddies got a 1999 with a 502, bone stock.
-Kevin
I started out at 63 mph was out of the box speed, I started with a prop change, made 65, Then the headers, cam change, ported the steel heads, prop change turned 70. Next I was looking for 75, I didn't want to put a blower on it, I wanted to see what I could get out of it naturaly asperated. I started modifying the intake manifold, ported the s___T out of it, hand made a plenum, bigger injectors, tossed the vst setup, put some big a-- throttle bodies on it, a nasty solid roller cam, stroker crank, bored it and turned 77. Now still not wanting the blower, I'm lookin for 80, I think the hull is in need of a little TLC, so thats next, we will see what happens after I take a belt sander to it! There is potential to make the 502 run and run better, but there is some attention needed to the stock intake, fuel system and heads. Not knocking the blower motors but you can get speed to a point without one! What the heck else is there to do in the winter anyhow?

Old 01-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kenny,how loud is your boat? I imagine you must be running dry exhaust with that big ol cam. I have lightning headers on mine and the molded swim platform seems to muffle it alot,at least from the drivers seat!How tall of a prop have you tried,with the kind of torque your making i'm surprised your not spinning a 30 or 32 pitch,Smitty

Quick Reply: Hull problem???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.