blackhawk drive >

blackhawk drive

Notices

blackhawk drive

Old 06-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: blackhawk drive

Yes It Will Fit A Bravo 1 Set Up. I Have Also Looked Into This For Some While But Since I Plan On Trading Up Soon I Don't Think I Will Cost Effective.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pkspx
Bringing this post back. Does anyone know for sure, 100%, if the black hawk lower unit will bolt onto a Bravo upper unit? Will it raise my X dimension at all or do I need a complete black hawk drive to do so? Power Quest sets their drives lower on their boats but I have been told with the amount of power I'm throwing at the boat, i need to make my X Dimension higher.
No, it will not because there is no such thing as a blackhawk lower as it is a one piece drive. You would have to replace the entire drive.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:52 PM
MOP
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a Blackhawk on my 22 Donzi, I loved the drive. The handling was fantastic compared to my Bravo, -0- steering torque, roll up in turns was gone. The performance was very good bottom to mid range but went south up top, when I put the Bravo on I gained about 6MPH. The Blackhawk lifts the stern, if you have a boat that has natural bow lift it is great if not you need to dump some $$ on Arneson Rockers. I have the full parts and work manuals the case, prop shaft bearing housing and vertical shaft are unique to the drive all other Bravo internals fit. The drive on a hull set up for it is true surface piercing drive and very hard to beat, it will give you between 6-11MPH increase in speed depending on your setup. Parts are an issue but it is every bit as strong as a Bravo, if I could find a deal on Rocker plates I would put it back on the boat in a heart beat. My prob is shallow pockets!

Phil
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
MOP
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MORE! It is a direct bolt up to your Bravo shield and does the same thing as raising the X, my BravoX prop shaft is roughly 8"'s below the keel the Blackhawk mounted on the very same shield put the prop shaft about 2" above the keel. When running the only thing in the water is the skeg and the bottom of the props, and by the way the "Rooster Tail" was super! If you know where to look there are more around then the Skeptics think, setup right it will "Lay Waste" to a shortie which still has a fair amount of drag by comparison!

Phil
Old 06-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

The Black hawk was a cool drive.. The only easy way to raise the x is to go with a shortie.. I can get you the Imcos if you are looking. Jamie
Old 06-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 166 Likes on 94 Posts

The Blackhawk will fit a Bravo transom, but it is 1 piece, no upper/lower. As everybody has said, does not work on every hull. Shorty lower might be a better idea.

Excuse this shameless commercial plug, but I do have a new one on the shelf.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for all responses, we ended up gettin upgraded bravos with 2 inch shorty lowers. we decided 950 horse was too much for a blackhawk to handle
Old 06-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Commercial Member

With that power you may want to think of an Arneson... jamie
Old 06-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we thought of that...i really wanted that ...but weve already dug too deep in wallet as it is..
Old 06-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by 375stinger
we thought of that...i really wanted that ...but weve already dug too deep in wallet as it is..
I can understand, stuff is expensive.. j

Quick Reply: blackhawk drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.