Bravo Parts Help >

Bravo Parts Help

Notices

Bravo Parts Help

Old 01-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo Parts Help

I've got an old stern power drive which works fine but parts are impossible to find and giant question marks form above the heads of every mechanic who looks at it.

I want to replace it with a bravo I (or XR, IMCO, etc). My current setup uses a borg warner transmission between the engine and the drive. I'm trying to put together a list of parts for the bravo setup. I know the engine will probably have to move but that's ok because I've already got new power and will need to re-do the transom.

Can somebody point me in the right direction as far as the outdrive, gimbal, transom assemblies (internal and external), bellousing, etc. I also want to add an extension box and hydraulic steering. I'm looking to buy these parts used as there are tons of parts for sale out there, just need some help on which ones.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bravo Parts Help

You may not have to move the engine if your use a short drive shaft. Then the balance won't change on the boat. But, you'll have to have a front and rear motor mounts for the engine. I think the rear mount now is on your trans.
You'll also need the complete transome assembly And of course the drive.They come up for sale often on Ebay. You will also be able to sell yout BW trans to recoup some of the cost.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Bravo Parts Help

Doller Marine in Hollywood, FL has done this already and has all the parts in stock that you'll need.

(954) 463-9988