Best Nose Cone >

Best Nose Cone

Notices

Best Nose Cone

Old 01-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Best Nose Cone

Does any one have any experience drilling the hole in the case for the water to flow into the water space of the case?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Baja Hammer running right at 80 on GPS. I added the Eddie Marine nose cone with epoxy, being very careful to align properly. It looked very cool and aggressive. Speed dropped to 76 as I could not trim as high. Took it back off, which was a lot of work and the speed came back to 80. I definately would not recommend the Eddie Marine unless you are just going for looks.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Registered

Blowin Money have you ever istalled a cone to add low water pickup? I read some previous posts about hydrodynamics of the nose cone, but was unclear of the effect on transom. My boat does not like transom lift does not do well with hydromotive props, requires much more trim than the bravos. With bravo props requires very little trim. But I will be increasing theoretical speed by 20-25 mph, I will decrease weight of the motors by about 400lbs. The weight in the front of the hull is on the heavy side due to the full cabin. I guess the real question is, will the nose cone tend to lift the transom?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Been just waiting for someone like SledgeHammer to speak up . If you already have a later style Bravo gearcase and are not expecting to run 90+ mph, the nosecone (although they look cool) will likely do more harm than good. I've been there too and would definitely NOT go there again. Since then I've removed several for people and everyone has been pleased. You might want to consider saving your money. --- JP
Old 01-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jpclear
Been just waiting for someone like SledgeHammer to speak up . If you already have a later style Bravo gearcase and are not expecting to run 90+ mph, the nosecone (although they look cool) will likely do more harm than good. I've been there too and would definitely NOT go there again. Since then I've removed several for people and everyone has been pleased. You might want to consider saving your money. --- JP
ran mine last year with out one it is the new still Bravo boat ran 92 on gps put a wpm on it ran 97 gps and the imco is better i thank just my two cents
Old 01-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
ran mine last year with out one it is the new still Bravo boat ran 92 on gps put a wpm on it ran 97 gps and the imco is better i thank just my two cents
Mike- What kind of boat and power are you running? I'm in the 92 mph area right now and looking to gain a little. I'm running a 28 Daytona 496 ho's xz drive 30p bravo 1's.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Harper220
Mike- What kind of boat and power are you running? I'm in the 92 mph area right now and looking to gain a little. I'm running a 28 Daytona 496 ho's xz drive 30p bravo 1's.
280 velocity 540 whipple charged big block with a 32 bravo
Old 01-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

If I do not use a nose cone will have to use transom mounted pickups, should be running 95 to 100 mph. Any one with opinion on the effect on stern lift, 97 Daytona 27, center sponson is at same depth as outboard sponsons. Anyone for Land & Sea, anyone put a low water pickup on standard Bravo, I'm concerned about drilling into the bearing part of the case.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

On a 28 Daytona, we found that a nose cone starts helping at 85 mph. Ran one drive with nose cone and one without. We liked the leading edge nose cones before we went with the IMCO shortie drives. I'm not sure they are still available.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:58 AM
Registered

RBNT, What did you notice about coming out of the hole and at midrange with the cones? My hull porpoised with the Quad 4's also.

Quick Reply: Best Nose Cone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.