expert motor builders w/ blowers advise wanted >

expert motor builders w/ blowers advise wanted

Notices

expert motor builders w/ blowers advise wanted

Old 01-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: expert motor builders w/ blowers advise wanted

I have a fair amount of experience with a setup just like you are looking for although theyare 502's, 8.5:1 Static compression ratio with stock edelbrock aluminum heads, Procharger is correct the blowers are designed to go on stock motors and work well on them how ever if you want better internals that would always be better, these that i am talking about have M-4 Prochargers (oil fed old ones ) with dual quads on an Offenhauser intake in the box Sorry no Nickersons in there though just stock 465 cfm carbs with metering blocks in the back, Lightning headers ( with silent choice ) and MSD ignition, runs a ton of boost on 93 octane. and pushes a 33 scarab to 114 on GPS. Clay Smith cams and Valve train, there is not a lot of money in these engines I am currently pulling one back out of the boat after three years of running to check it out and i plan to stick it on a dyno just to see what it makes not to try and tune it for more power, it runs great has never had any mechanical problems in three seasons with the M-4's and it had M-1's on it from new these blocks, cranks, and rods are from the original motors. maybe its an exceptional case i don't know you be the judge, but there is two of them in there. I am a firm beliver in the properly set up procharger i do feel your speed goals may be a little lofty but you never know. A roots and screw will produce more tourque down low but won't make more power, and that torque getting on plane etc. will help you find the end of your TRS drives, There are a lot of variable to think about when picking a engine super charger setup. As far as the alum. core most intercoolers are that way some have different materials that may be better suited but the procharger intercooler is also fairly easy to flush i think you could take control of that situation. I would have to check weather or not the 648 cu in cooler may be overkill for your setup but the 504 would definitely work. and lastly if octane of fuel is the least bit of concern, i wouldn't get a roots blower, the % of power gain from what your motor makes on its own is very small and comes with a ton of heat, don't do that oh yeah all that is just my Professional opinion derived from a "fair bit" of experience.
Attached Thumbnails expert motor builders w/ blowers advise wanted-guffeyengine.jpg  
Old 02-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Banned

Electrical,
The guy in Coventry is Ed Curtis, Flowtech Induction. His number is 401 828 9302. Is is very good with Pro Charger stuff and is well schooled in engines. Tell him Chris Straub from Stef's Oil Pans told you to call.

Chris
Old 02-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Electrical Who are you using in Warwick??

Gerry
Old 02-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Talk to Dean Nickerson at (215) 781 - 1370. He has a 498 stroker package that would work well in your heavy boat. With a Vortech blower and an Rtech Supercooler he dynos at 950 HP on 92 octane. He is getting away with that because he has a light boat. I would run a bigger top pulley and settle for 850 HP in your case. We can have the intercooler core treated with a Milspec coating that will greatly improve longevity in salt water. Regular flushing is still a good idea.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a lot of work,might be selling these soon. 600in 1050hp on pump
fuel. My engine builder has been building marine race and blower motors for
over 25 years.Just a thought if your interested send me a E-mail.
Attached Thumbnails expert motor builders w/ blowers advise wanted-texoma-02.jpg  
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Registered

Default what's in your engines?

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Sounds like a lot of work,might be selling these soon. 600in 1050hp on pump
fuel. My engine builder has been building marine race and blower motors for
over 25 years.Just a thought if your interested send me a E-mail.
What is in your engines? It's been a long time. Still have them? What size blowers? What boost?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Registered

These guys are close to you and very knowledgeable with blowers of all kinds..
http://www.perfmar.com/ContactUs.htm

Last edited by Back4More; 01-04-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

The only way that baby will see 80 is on the trailer going down the highway
Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of B&M 177's if anyone is interested. Both just came back from TBS and have about 10 hrs on them. $3500. for the pair would get them. Their on ebay now in boat and race car parts.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a boat with slightly less weight and a better hull design and -2 short Bravos. With 650-700 hp ea. side I've gone 78 mph. An Excaliber Eagle will probably take 800 per side to get 80 mph. Start with 502's at least. Those poor TRS's.