X dimension on a Baja H2X???

Notices

X dimension on a Baja H2X???

Old 03-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default X dimension on a Baja H2X???

I am wondering if anyone has run a 25' H2X using a lower X dimension? I would like to know if anyone has had success putting an Imco shortie on a stock HBX and did it work.
Doing some research for friend that needs a drive and it would help to know if going to a shortie first would be of any help.

Appreciate any input..

Thanks
Dick
Old 03-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Default Re: X dimension on a Baja H2X???

Looks like no one in the nite crowd.. anyone?

ttt
Old 03-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dick,
I've read forums on Team Baja Marine about IMCO shorties on Bajas. It seems they do not work very well on these boats. I have a 252 Boss and thought about fitting my boat with one.
You should go on Teambajamarine.com. There are a few guys that put them on and they didn't seem to be real happy with the results.

Trevor

252 Boss
Old 03-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

dick, borrow a shorty and give it a try. I know Tinker has two, he might let you use one.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Thanks guys! I will hit the baja site and see if I have any answers..
I am in the process of building an XR drive and it is much cheaper to do the Imco shorty the first time if there is any advantage to it. So I wanted to find out if that hull likes the shorty. I have been told that 1" is a good number for the Outlaw, but this hull is 21* deadrise, as I am told.

Thanks for the info..

Dick
Old 03-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr Gadget,
A friend of mine ran a blower 502 with a Stellings setback box on a H2X. He raised the stock drive 2" with the box itself. The combination worked very well.
Requires some fabbing and hydraulic steering, but definitely worth the effort.
I ran a H2X with a blown 468, and standard drive height. I added hydraulic (I think it's a must have on these hulls over 75) steering and a nose cone. The boat ran 80 straight up on GPS with a worked Bravo 1.
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails X dimension on a Baja H2X???-baja-transom.jpg   X dimension on a Baja H2X???-461-2.jpg  
Old 03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Thanks Steve,
Nice clean setup there!! The way I read it, you said your buddy lifted the drive two inches above stock, but with a 12" setback from the Stelling box? Normally a box is good for 3" raise the boats I have delt with. I have no experience with the H2x hull. I am hoping to find someone that has done it, to save the experimenting.
Do you know what your X dimension is or how far below the hull the propshaft is? Not sure if Baja ever played around with different X's on the boats they sold or if they all were the same. The boat I am dealing with is a '99'.
Next question, anyone know who at Baja is in the know on this subject? And maybe a phone number. I went to Team Baja Marine and could not find the info Trevor was talking about. I did a search, but no luck. Must be my bi-foucles...

Thanks
Dick
Old 03-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered

Hi Dick,

I went back to find a link for you and to refresh my memory.
It seems everyone has a different opinion because everyone’s situation is different, but I've gathered that most people believe with stock or close to stock hp the mph gain is not worth the money and to spend it on the motor instead. Your situation is less money for the IMCO so it’s a win win for you.

http://p201.ezboard.com/fteambajamar...picID=54.topic
Old 03-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dick,
Not many Bajas are manufactured with higher than stock X dimensions. I have a friend that I used to drag race (boats) with who owns a Mercury high perf dealership. Baja seems to trust him. He has/had a Hammer with a naturally aspirated 615 BBC that ran over 100. He does order boats with raised X dimensions. Loyd's Inland Marine in Evansville, IN.
I really enjoyed my H2X. It has IMHO the fastest bottom of any Baja. It has plenty of lift in it and will run with some HP.
By the way, it's for sale now and you could save yourself a lot of trouble by just buying it turn key. The current owner is Len Rinehart. I think it's listed here, or on boattrader.com.
Here's a pic.
Steve
Attached Thumbnails X dimension on a Baja H2X???-baja-h2x.jpg  
Old 03-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Dick,
Not many Bajas are manufactured with higher than stock X dimensions. I have a friend that I used to drag race (boats) with who owns a Mercury high perf dealership. Baja seems to trust him. He has/had a Hammer with a naturally aspirated 615 BBC that ran over 100. He does order boats with raised X dimensions. Loyd's Inland Marine in Evansville, IN.
I really enjoyed my H2X. It has IMHO the fastest bottom of any Baja. It has plenty of lift in it and will run with some HP.
By the way, it's for sale now and you could save yourself a lot of trouble by just buying it turn key. The current owner is Len Rinehart. I think it's listed here, or on boattrader.com.
Here's a pic.
Steve
I have a 99 H2X I ordered from Lloyd new and I am pretty sure he told me my X is a little higher than what they come from the factory with? I will have to ask him to be sure. He told me he has to sign some kind of waiver for Baja when he does order a boat with a higher X. I had a friend who bought a Baja 240 from him back in 96 or 97 and the X was up on it so much that he could not hit the trailer switch or the drive would get into the swim platform.

Quick Reply: X dimension on a Baja H2X???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.