Fuel gauge problems >

Fuel gauge problems

Notices

Fuel gauge problems

Old 03-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel gauge problems

I have a 89 Formula 223LS. I took her out for the first time this year and all seemed to be well minus the fuel gauge. It is reading empty (laying on the peg). I know there is fuel in the tank because I but 50 gallons in before I went. I looked at the fuel tank and I see two wires that connect to it. One is a wire that clips to this tab mounted on the tank. The tab has 6 bolts around it in a circular pattern. I assume this is the fuel sender. The other wire looks to be a gound wire that is attached to a bracket on the top of the tank. There was quite a bit of corrosion on the wire with the clip so I brushed it off and replaced the clip on the end of the wire. Nothing seemed to matter to the fuel gauge. I am looking for advice on how to fix my problem. I would really like to have a fuel gauge while I am on the lake. Is there anything I can test or how much is it to put a new one in? Any help would be great.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel gauge problems

I am an idiot. I found a harness that had come disconnected. I guess when your blowers, fuel gauge and bilge pump stop working you gotta figure something is up. They couldn't have all gone bad over the winter. I plugged it back together and low and behold they all start working again. Thanks for the reply but right now I guess I don't need a replacement sender.