quad-rotor 565 >

quad-rotor 565

Notices

quad-rotor 565

Old 03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: quad-rotor 565

Sounds like a little Four Wheelin mixed with boats! That is some wild chit..
http://www.jetboatracing.com/anatomy.htm
Let us know how you make out, a link with some video would be awesome.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:37 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whitewater,
Welcome to the board! I have been to your site and seen some video, very interesting. Can you post a link to the engine rules for your class? You will find this board to be a great resource with engine builders and component suppliers that are the best in the business, most of whom are more than willing to help.
Bob
Old 03-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Spraying oil on the piston: I've heard of this before where the piston needs cooling. Is this ever used in offshore racing or poker run engines? Is it done to keep ring lands from collapsing; does it have any value in keeping detonation at bay?

Whitewater: In the water conditions you encounter, how do you maintain good flow of water to engine and intercooler?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomcat, This is the first engine of mine that will have the piston sprayers,but the fellow that is installing them swears by it on endurance engines.He is the guy with the 1200hp quad rotor.He was saying that he has pulled pistons from a merc 900 and they had lots of color on the underside and when he tore down the quad rotor with the sprayers the pistons looked like they just came out of the box.It sold me because all my pistons are burnt after a marathon.As for the water we just tap of the pressure side of the pump then install one of mercs pressure relief valves and this keeps the block pressure right at 15lbs at wot.I do replace the spring that comes with the unit with a crane cams checker spring and it works perfect.I bought mine at bam marine but the prices this year have almost tripled.Dam merc.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:17 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tomcat,
Here is a link to an article about its use in Cup racing. Ferrari, Porsche, Merc, and BMW have been utilizing this for years in endurance applications. shoot me an email if you need more info.
Bob
http://www.circletrack.com/techarticles/20338/
Old 03-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Whitewater,
In the application you describe I doubt there is a crankshaft you could use that would be described as overkill. It will require the necessary budget to be successful. LAE Kryptonite is now Superior Crankshaft. You can direct your technical inquires to Sebastion Franzen. All of the below vendors can deliver custom billet crankshafts to the requirements of your application. I have worked personally with many of them and can assure you the materials and workmanship is of the highest quality. Collectively they produce the majority of cranks for competitors at the top level of motor sports. Any of them can meet your needs for this project. Carrillo is a very good choice for connecting rods.
Bob
L.A. Enterprises (Superior Crankshaft) 949-428-8788 x102 Sebastion Franzen
Bryant Racing 714-535-0509 direct Joe Squires
Moldex 313-561-7676 ask for Whitey
Winberg crankshafts 303-783-2234
http://www.hankthecrank.com/index.htm
http://www.callies.com/
http://www.crower.com/
http://www.holley.com/ Lunati
I agree with Bob I actually tried to pm last night basically word for word what Bobs respond is with 20 years of modifying repairing and balancing crankshafts I can tell you there is no better heat treating any where then LA Enterprise Crower and Hank The Crank Bryant or Moldex don't use anything else you will not regret it the quality and workmanship is second to none thats why I refuse to build anything thats not with there parts.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, If you go to jetboatracing.com there will be a link on the first page that says 2004 awja rule set.Im amazed how high you guys rev the big cube offshore stuff and yet it still holds together.Its nice to find people that have an understanding of what kind of abuse these motors get and to be able to share good information that could prevent major failures...thanx!
Old 03-29-2005, 06:55 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by whitewater
Hi everyone! Im currently building a 565 3.3 quad rotor endurance engine, I and am looking for some advise on a few components.I purchased a new World 111 block with steel caps and am having piston sprayers installed.My question is ,Do you think the scat billet crank is good enough for 6000rpm and 1500hp for up to 1hr wot runs.I was originally thinking on the kryptonite crank,but availability was slim.I also wanted to know if the gun drilled pin oiler carrillo rods would be a good choice over the the standard carrs.I spoke to the scat tec person who was very helpful by the way, and he thought their billet crank would be over kill. Any thoughts would be appreciated.thanx in advance!
Is it possible for a Whipple to make that kind of HP on a 565
Old 03-29-2005, 07:21 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quad rotor 3.3, yes.....
Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

565ci is more than enough for 1500HP. My Quad rotor 2.3 EFI 540 makes 1370HP at 6300rpm. It's actually hard to make less than 1100HP with the 3.3 quad rotor.

I'm using a callies racemaster crank, oliver rods, and AFR 357 heads. I'm very happy with this combination.

Quick Reply: quad-rotor 565

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.