did ya know that... >

did ya know that...

Notices

did ya know that...

Old 03-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default did ya know that...

the merc 1075 was kept under wraps for a few years and not released besause they were having oil dilution problems with the motor? evedently they couldn't get a handle on this problem for some time and merc wasn't satisfied with the longevity of the motor. merc hired a new guy and he soon resolved the problem they were having. does anyone know what mecr did to remedy the situation of the fuel contaminating the oil? any other blower motor guys running into this same problem? thx for any insight on this issue. ratman
Old 03-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: did ya know that...

Originally Posted by ratman
the merc 1075 was kept under wraps for a few years and not released besause they were having oil dilution problems with the motor? evedently they couldn't get a handle on this problem for some time and merc wasn't satisfied with the longevity of the motor. merc hired a new guy and he soon resolved the problem they were having. does anyone know what mecr did to remedy the situation of the fuel contaminating the oil? any other blower motor guys running into this same problem? thx for any insight on this issue. ratman
Mostly they were having problems with the snouts breaking off the blowers.They shortened up the snouts and made a bracket for support.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

a friend of mine makes the p/steering tanks for the 1075 and has been in touch with merc thru some of the development of this engine package. he told me about the oil dilution problem. due to the fact im having some blower motors built i was wonder who has had oil dilution issues? or is it happening and poeple aren't realizing it?
Old 03-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess it all depends on how well the cylinders seal up.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.