Old 04-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 16,029 Likes on 4,189 Posts
Default Re: OSS Biloxi 2005 Results

Here is something to think about this year:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=101429

While the intentions to unite the world of offshore sounds simple it isnt,
OSS started last year with 4 classes, and this year 5. it will continue to grow, as strong armed tactics and threats, will continue to show people they have other options of where to spend thier money.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete B
Here is something to think about this year:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=101429

While the intentions to unite the world of offshore sounds simple it isnt,
OSS started last year with 4 classes, and this year 5. it will continue to grow, as strong armed tactics and threats, will continue to show people they have other options of where to spend thier money.
Blah, blah blah...... where are the strong arm tactics and name some threats. If you can show me that this $hit exists I will sign up for OSS, (change my number too)
Old 04-25-2005, 07:08 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

dhlaw,

Try it out for yourself Dhlaw. I bet you will love it. You never know until you try and making assumptions about a particular group through hear say is not going to give you the kind of knowledge you need to learn for yourself.

DPT
Attached Thumbnails OSS Biloxi 2005 Results-osslogo.jpg  
Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete...maybe thats OSS's vision that SBI/APBA will drive the racers to OSS because they will be treated wrong...I have even heard it from OSS racers...how SBI/APBA racers are going to get screwed by SBI/APBA...pretty sad words coming from racers who just a few years ago tought they were great and we all just needed to join together......

Either way...it was good to see the Biloxi race was a success...and it was a safe race...
Old 04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DPT...You also should not leave the racing Organization you choise to race because the other Organizations says your going to get screwed.....I like to find things out for my self..and so far I did in the last 6 months....beleive me it gose both ways....we have to make the best judgement and go with it....I just hope this is not the attidue of Organizations...becuase if it is we will never race together
Old 04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 16,029 Likes on 4,189 Posts

Originally Posted by dhlaw
Blah, blah blah...... where are the strong arm tactics and name some threats. If you can show me that this $hit exists I will sign up for OSS, (change my number too)
Dhlaw you race two races a year, SBI/APBA is perfect for you,
as are the many divisional races. OSS is trying to build a Professional national curcuit, one that will attract a National Sponsor. They want Racers that are commited to racing the entire season, not when they feel like it.

Telling racers if they race anywhere else they will get no television coverage sounds like a strong armed threat to me.
Espeacially if you have a sponsor who is counting on their logo to be on the screen.

time will tell the tale here, and while you sit and ponder the future of offshrore racing, tell us all what YOU DHLAW are going to do to save it, and rid the world of the villians of OSS, who dare to bring tall tales of deception, strongarm tactics, to overpower the mighty SBI/APBA/UIM
Old 04-25-2005, 07:45 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

NO WHERE did I state to leave one organization for the other. What I implied was simple if it was read correctly. Do not knock something until you try it!!!!!! VERY VERY VERY SIMPLE!!! Agreed???? I may favor OSS and I am not going to deny it. My favoritism there is not with the organization but with the people who are all involved. Class Acts and very professional. I have been a spectator/ fan / racer/ pit lizard for a very long time. I have watched organizations, race sites, racers, and people in charge come and go as this has always been a vicious cycle. Many who knock, ridicule, or what ever may be are not going on there own personal situations they have shared with one organization or the other. So as Bill Marr states on HBO every week at the end of his shows, NEW RULES!!!!!!!!!!
1) DON'T KNOCK IT UNTIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!
2) QUITE SIMPLE, SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!!!

DPT
ANGRY IRISHMAN syndrome getting the best of him!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
Dhlaw you race two races a year, SBI/APBA is perfect for you,
as are the many divisional races. OSS is trying to build a Professional national curcuit, one that will attract a National Sponsor. They want Racers that are commited to racing the entire season, not when they feel like it.

Telling racers if they race anywhere else they will get no television coverage sounds like a strong armed threat to me.
Espeacially if you have a sponsor who is counting on their logo to be on the screen.

time will tell the tale here, and while you sit and ponder the future of offshrore racing, tell us all what YOU DHLAW are going to do to save it, and rid the world of the villians of OSS, who dare to bring tall tales of deception, strongarm tactics, to overpower the mighty SBI/APBA/UIM
Pull it back a notch Pete.......

This is not a professional sport, it is a hobby sport. It always has been and always will be because of the very nature of the beast. It does not lend itself to spectator involvement therefore it does not lend to marketing firms. Further, what is the difference between me racing 3 or 4 races in a 9 race schedule and you racing 4 races in a 4 race schedule?? That makes you a professional?? Maybe I should stick to "divisional" racing and leave the professional racing to you "pros" ?? Yeahh, OK......... Lets get a grip. Nobody is making a living racing boats and I would venture a guess that none of us past or present would leave our current jobs to race. Is that because OSS just hasnt had enough time to turn the corner and bring legitimacy to offshore racing?? Your ego may say yes but history is not on your side.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pete B. Are you the crew chief for the Imco team this year?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

No Pete is not the crew chief for IMCO this year.

Sorry I'll try to un-hijack this thread. See y'all this weekend.

Last edited by Ryan Beckley; 04-26-2005 at 10:12 AM.

Quick Reply: OSS Biloxi 2005 Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.