Take it for what it is.... >

Take it for what it is....

Notices

Take it for what it is....

Old 05-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take it for what it is....

With all the jabs and trashing of each Organizations and people who are not even racing the reality is....
Anybody can sit here and run there mouth on how Offshore should be run...the truth is the racers that are racing are having fun.
Maybe the best thing that could have happened this year was that all the Dogs not play in the same backyard. With all the rumors how bad SBI/APBA is going to be, the reality is that seeing Pop, Dee and all the APBA staff working with all the SBI staff and seeing everyone happy and having fun may hurt some people's feelings because they were hoping they would not get along. Well sorry, I have to say from seeing and talking to them myself both SBI and the APBA staff set the tempo of how great it is.
To get out of my car and be greated by Pop,Dee and the staff of APBA and Pop giving me my World Championship ring from K.W. in person with the staff says a lot and then the SBI staff shaking your hand and saying were glad to have you hear is a welcome that any racer loves to see. Then to see both SBI and APBA teams all hanging out together and nobody bi$ching, just having fun makes you believe that the posts you read on OSO how bad Offshore racing is must be from a different World. Some things have changed...it seems the pits have turn more into a family setting. With people coming up to you inviting you to cook outs and not just the 3 or 4 teams showing up....I have meet teams this weekend I had never talked to in 4 years, and not just SV teams hanging with SV teams. You had P5 guys with P3 guys to SV guys to SS guys to SC guys to SVL guys to fans to OSO guys to people like Matt and Julie and family members of all these teams. I for one will say I used to be the guy after the race that would go out to the bars...This weekend I had a better time meeting great people and kicking back. So even though you read some posts on hear talking about how disapointed the citys who hosted these races are going to be becasue there are not 70 -80 boat at a race...I think you will see your wrong....because I did see when you get teams like Muscle, the Hulk, Instigator, Showtime, the Jersey Boys and others together they do a lot for these citys not just on the race course....the donations and raffles these guys put on and the money raised for charity for the Lions Club who also cook for the teams and threw a party. Any city would welcome these 40+ teams to there home town anyday....
So after all the crying and jabbing out here....if you come to a race you will see things are going pretty good in Offshore racing....and maybe one day all the Dogs can race in one backyard....but for now....I thing these dogs are having some fun.....
So to everyone I got to talk to and met...It was great and look foward to seeing you soon.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-02-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Default Re: Take it for what it is....

WOW!!! Gino....

that read wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be

I actually understood what you said.

Im kidding
Old 05-02-2005, 06:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Some things have changed...it seems the pits have turn more into a family setting. With people coming up to you inviting you to cook outs and not just the 3 or 4 teams showing up....I have meet teams this weekend I had never talked to in 4 years, and not just SV teams hanging with SV teams. You had P5 guys with P3 guys to SV guys to SS guys to SC guys to SVL guys to fans to OSO guys to people like Matt and Julie and family members of all these teams.....
Not for nothing Mantie, but this is nothing new. Where have you been racing? This has been going on for some time now.
Especially with OPA, Augie Pensa and the Jersey Boys.
My last few years at the SBI races in New York I can remember Typhoon's "Dog Pound" with a LIVE band and barbecue all going on one year, and the Instigator Team having a nice thing going on as they usually do!

But all in all what seemed to bring much of it together as one big party, I believe The Godfather himself played a big part in all of it. Everywhere Augie goes, it usually is one fun filled family style party!

I look forward to another fun filled season!

Thanks to all involved!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered

Sharkey is right....we have always had a good time in the pits. In OPA, it was always a tight knit group. But now, it has spread to the national level.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:00 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Gino that is the best i have heard things put
Old 05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Gino, that is what will move us all foward...This year will be the biggest and best yet for the sport.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered

Sharkey and Bruce...you guys are right...I have not been to a OPA race....I have to say just talking to some of them guys you see what they are all about....I had the a chance to talk to Smitty for a little bit....What I did'nt know a close family who comes to the races...a son who not only gets a chance to race with Dad, but gets to take the responsablity of Dad's buisness...Not to many dad's or son's have that oppertunity...Augie's first thing he said to me..."DID YOU GET A STAKE" along with the guys of AMF...when you meet someone who can be doing anything he wants in the world and desides to spend it racing and then hanging out with a bunch of racers and having fun and be down to earth...not to many of them left in the world....but when it came to showing the people for putting on the show like the Lions Club and the see guys like Doug, Joe, Dave and some of the long time racers take control and give back to the city along with Augie and Smiity donating there prise money to the Lions Club. Your not going to hear citys complaining...just look forward to doing it again next year.....
It was a first for me in many ways...I never seen a 15 foot high and 20 foot wide jumbo screen a block from the race site were if you getting something to eat you still can watch trhe race...and the camera would follow were ever the action was and would even soom in to were you could see the driver and throttle men...you could see the sponsors on the boats perfect...and to add to that, live play by play even 2 blocks off the beach on the streets...to top it off the Goodyear Blimp overhead...

Bill, it was good meeting you and a great looking boat...look foward to racing with you....

Bruce...you are going to think this is Tundra typing...but even I think you would even get along with Klattu....maybe its just late....
Old 05-02-2005, 10:44 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Take it for what it is....

It runs in the "Family"....

Here is Augie's cousin "VAL" on the left without a shirt.
He dedicated his time to put on this day for over 400 Special Olympics Kids for what is called "Shore Dreams For Kids" put on by the NJPPC.
Tons of food and a lot of Performance Boat rides for everyone. Val works the grill really well like Augie!
Attached Thumbnails Take it for what it is....-100_1400r.jpg   Take it for what it is....-100_1316r.jpg   Take it for what it is....-100_1405r.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Gino, I was almost afraid to turn on my computer this morning, after all the talk at the race, about what was happening on OSO. There are a lot of people out there that are obviosly very un happy in life, and will take any oportunity to try and bring people down to their own level. You post was a breath of fresh air! Offshore Racing is alive and well. The people in Ft Lauderdale got to see a great race. Better yet the fans in the pits got to see what we are all about. It was great talking to you, and good luck with that SV. I bought mine, so something says, we will be talking some more. Smitty
Old 05-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Gino, It was great talking to you, and good luck with that SV. I bought mine, so something says, we will be talking some more. Smitty

You promise me you wont be running it this year, you need to finish the year in the Viper if not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.