prerequiset before showing up to a race >

prerequiset before showing up to a race

Notices

prerequiset before showing up to a race

Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prerequiset before showing up to a race

Guys I am new to this and want to have all my ducks in a row before showing up for my first race, on the subject of a physical, what type do I need or is this something that is done on site. Also what is involved in the physical. How long does it usually take to administer? Also any other stuff you can think of that might help me be better prepared before I show up will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting all of you soon.

Thanks guys,
Travis
P5-21
Old 05-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered

Default Re: prerequiset before showing up to a race

Travis, Give me a call 561-596-7884
Old 05-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Registered

Re: prerequiset before showing up to a race

Travis, the best way to get this done is to go to DMV and ask for a DOT physical form, then take that to your family doctor for your physical. On race day you will get a another one, but that one is free.

How close are you to racing? There will be a divisional race May 21 & 22. in Panama City Fl. We need to get the boat count in P5, and it would be cool if you could make it.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Registered

How close are you to racing? There will be a divisional race May 21 & 22. in Panama City Fl. We need to get the boat count in P5, and it would be cool if you could make it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I would like to make it but unfortunately doubt it will be ready by then, we are picking the boat up from the interior guy May 14 and then it needs to e rigged with power and wired up. I hope to make Sarasota but even that is will be cutting it close. I had no idea that the interior guy was going to have the boat so long. Anyway, good luck with the race in Panama City and maybe next year I will be able to attend. I will definitely be ready for the Chattanooga Race as it is in my home town, the first race ever here and I hope a lot of racer's attend.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Registered

Scott, thanks for the info, you were a lot of help. Looking forward to my first race. See you guys soon
Old 05-03-2005, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Travis, come to the pits, if you can last a day of eating and laughs with all the crews...your fit to race. If not we send you over to the MUSCLE CREW for some schooling. If that don't work, The Jersey Boyz just give you a pair of CEMENT SHOES. WELCOME! See you in the pits. Augie
Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered

Travis...welcome to the sport! This is my second year in racing and we've got a "new" (okay...slightly used) boat for P5. Panama City will be our first race of this year, so if you can make it, stop by and introduce yourself.

Warren...we'll help get that P5 boat count up for P.C....see ya there.

Sean
Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Registered

Travis,
the only true way to prepare for offshore racing is to do the following........ have 2 buddies stand on either side of you, give each a 10lb bag of potatos, take out your life savings in $100 bills and set your stopwatch............ at the chosen time tell your buddies to beat your body with the bags of potatos as hard as they can for 50 minutes while you tear up each $100 dollar bill as fast as you can until either the 50 minutes are over, you hurt too bad to continue or the money runs out!!!! WELCOME
Old 05-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Registered

Travis , Give me a call tomorrow.754-224-7269 , Tom Kelly Medical safety coordinator SBI/APBA
Old 05-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Registered

Travis, all kidding aside... get to know the STARS team. They have the answers, the procedures and if you need them...... they will probably find you before you even realize you need them... they are that good!!!!!

Quick Reply: prerequiset before showing up to a race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.