Notices

Rough water races

Old 05-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rough water races

Actually they are polished, you just can't see it. The Lucas team didn't want the props to rust until we could repair the "nicks" so they coated them with oil.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:32 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No parts left from here. They had to helicoil the gimbal threads that were ripped out and put in a new driveshaft and strain the barnicles and seaweed out of the oil and they will be good to go for Marathon.

pat W
Old 05-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shifter you are 1000 percent correct.kilokat the problem is ther has been so many flat water races lately that everything is setup light weight for speed.nobody thinks durability any more in my opinion all the races should be in the ocean.ther are plenty of other forms of racing for flat water boats,hydros,f1, drags.but watching a 40 cat in flat water is like watching grass grow.i am a racer as well as a fan and have been on both sides.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered

The boat is running and will leave my shop in the morning. Next stop glass shop.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:52 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

If I were going to be purchasing a new boat I would certainly feel better if the hull I was purchasing was proven. For example, if a hull can make it through a season of racing in the ocean and then win in Key West without breaking up it is probably well constructed. If the customer is running in the ocean or rough water, wouldn't it be nice to know your hull can handle the higher speeds and be safe and not break up? I wonder how many of the current layups could survive a race schedule of the mid to late 80's?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offshore At Its Best...
Old 05-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Come Race on Cape Cod! Just the right amount of rough for fast action!
.......And NO, they are not going to call the race for rough conditions this year!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:35 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nigels boat was built in 1996. She is a tough old bird but a proven one. We have been running the in-line system on it for the past 3 years. We race to prove our designs are the best product on the market.

Nigel does not have the biggest budget but he will be at the next race thanks to his crew.

Thanks to Rick Turmel (T/Motorsports) and his crew for getting her back together for the next round.

pat W
Old 05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Registered

If anyone has any footage or additional pics of the Lucas boat after hitting the drum, the team videographer would love to see them to add (with your permission) to the race DVD that is put together for each race. Credit for your footage/pics will be given on the DVD...

Rick Turmel,
You're awesome! Thanks for all your work!!! Looking forward to Marathon...

Pat,
When are we going to see you out with us?

Rich
Old 05-10-2005, 07:27 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

SMYTH1 – No disrespect but I have to disagree again. Not sure what races you have been to lately but of the three that I have run so far this year, two of them were in the rough (Miami & Ft. Lauderdale). Several boats were damaged in each of those races and I don’t think these were all lightweight boats either. In addition, when you mention fans, I can assure you that there were far more fans in the pits of Biloxi than there was in either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Is this because of the racecourse or the promotion of the event before we got there? If it is because of “flat water races” as you refer to, then there shouldn’t be any fans in Pickwick this weekend. However, I would wager that there will be more fans in Pickwick than any of the three offshore race events held so far this year. I don’t think it has anything to do water conditions. I think it has to do with the amount of promotion that occurs prior to an event. Please keep in mind that I differentiate between a fan who goes out of his/her way to attend a scheduled event (maybe even pays to come into the pits for autographs, t-shirts, etc.) versus a spectator who just happens to be visiting an area when a boat race starts. And, just so these comments don’t turn into a sanctioning body argument, I think Sarasota will also be a big “fan” race because of the promotion before the event – not the water conditions.

Quick Reply: Rough water races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.