23.94%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Factory racing

Old 06-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Factory racing

Some memory!!

I count at least 12 manufacturers in F1 and at least 11 in F2. Since I am not familiar with all the boats there may be more. How many F1 teams actually had major sponsorship from the manufacturer other than Warlock? And they were almost bankrupted by___?

Last edited by raynman; 06-03-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:11 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Richie Rich?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raynman
Some memory!!

And they were almost bankrupted by___?
Richie Rich
Old 06-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

It can still come back if you keep it simple with reliable power and tight inspections. You would have to go back to the Innovation seals as the only sealing company and get support and contingency money from them. The blue print is already there guys. Remember multiple motors killed it so start with only one and stick with it. Dont let other motor builders in. If another motor builder wants in, have them give all the existing racers free motors and offer a plan that the racers cant refuse. Then get rid of the existing motors. The goal should be 1 motor no matter which one. I dont care if it cost more or less. Let the manufactures bid on the class and offer it to the racers for a vote.

MD
Old 06-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Todesca
I started racing in 2000
was just thinking of the teams that
were racing. how many can you remember?

i apologize if I forgot anyone. Jo

http://www.formulaboats.com/

http://www.davidbrianjewelers.com/
Attached Thumbnails Factory racing-f-1-002.jpg  
Old 06-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Registered

Pete one of the problems are, look at who ran those boats...of the racers who are still in it...you will notice a large amount of racers have moved up into the super series class's...not everyone is always goint to race F1 and F2...They were great class's to get started into....I never got into F1 for the prize money...I got into it because there were so many F1 boats racing....for racing to continue the racing Organizations can not just forget the Factory class's or the P class racers...these are the teams of the furture for the Super Class's,,,you have had some of the Super Series Racers Retire an a lot that are still racing but you will see in the next 2 to 4 years they also will be hanging it up....I remember when there was only 3 or 4 SV's back when Nick C. and Meadia M. were running....today, the eninge package is cheaper and you have 22+ teams racing this year...look at how many racers today who are racing SV,SVL,SCL were racing in Factory and P class just 3 or 4 years ago....Just throwing in the towel on Factory 1 becuase there is only 4 boats needs to be looked at as the new Factory 1 Series has just started with 4 boats and let it move up from there...
I haven't follow SS that much, but today there are 10 racing with mor being built....sometimes you just have to ride the wave even when it dosn't look good and then the outcome is a great result....Guys that are racing Factory class's stay with it...it will turn out good....There are a lot of us that want to see that class back to what it used to be....lots of great memory's that will stick with us for a long time....

Last edited by MANITIE; 06-03-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,853 Likes on 4,135 Posts

with the lastest news of opa racing in michigan, it maybe a good turning point. and yes i agree you need starter classes, however that was what p-class was suppose to do, F-1 and F-2 where super series classes, I still think a lot of guys moved up due in part to safety, for those on a budget and living up north it will be nice to see them have a place to race.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

Brian, what motor are you running and how is it holding up and how many hours on it? And also to the Activator team the same question?
Who makes the motor mounts for the 496?
Are the 496 motors sealed at Innovation as well?
Are there any incentive programs in F1?
What stricter body modifications are you referring to?
What kind of speeds are you running to be competitive?

Keep the fans informed on these types of questions and make it easier for them to realize F1 racing is the place to be.

Its the best bang for the buck by a long shot on durability alone. I have told countless P class racers this over the years and some have listened. It looks expensive at first look but it will cost you way less then trying to build your own motor and blowing it up every other race in P class.
MD
Old 06-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Registered

Gino, keep smoking what ever it is. I think Im starting to like you again! Nice boat.
MD
Old 06-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

Attached Thumbnails Factory racing-tundra.jpg  

Quick Reply: Factory racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.