Notices

key west

Old 06-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: key west

Originally Posted by gdfatha
======================

Based upon the above it is intuitively obvious that the OSS does not give a crap about a fan base /general public growth in this great sport and is completely selfserving.

To:
-Not join the rest of the racing groups at the Worlds

-To schedule the OSS race on the same dates at a not too distant venue

-This OSS attitude/actionis an insult to ALL fans/potential fans, as well as ALL drivers, crews and families (adults and children) related to ALL classes associated with OFFSHORE racing.
===========
I am a retired grumpy old tart with a lot of pride and some photographic skills that I share freely with all powerboat racing people no matter what class (from J-Hydro, SLTs, OPCs. Unlimited Hydros, Drags, as well as all OFFSHORE).

It was recently suggested by a professional news journalist related to Offshore that I share my talents (little) with OSS as well as APBA/SBI. I was about to do that till I heard about the current OSS attitude and intended actions.

I'm only one person (fan) of this great sport and have now cancelled all hotel reservations associated with OSS racing activity.

No thanks for screwing the public

marc bivona
I agree with you marc, I have been a fan since 1994 and haven't missed a single KW race since (nor many others coast to coast).
I thought only Allweiss could schedule conflicting races!
Isn't that the reason why OSS came to be in the first place?
Now OSS has replaced him, but with the same attitude!
I am going back to car racing.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Dry Sump come to the Sarasota race I think you will see a lot of the OSS boats at this event. DF Young races most of the SBI races and Bacardi has already made there two starts for the Worlds.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by georges
I agree with you marc, I have been a fan since 1994 and haven't missed a single KW race since (nor many others coast to coast).
I thought only Allweiss could schedule conflicting races!
Isn't that the reason why OSS came to be in the first place?
Now OSS has replaced him, but with the same attitude!
I am going back to car racing.

Fact :
OSS had KW on thier schedule.
They were asked by SBI to remove the date from thier schedule.
Since plans were in place for those dates, they'll be going elsewhere the same week.

If you want OSS in KW, just ask SBI to invite them.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the same week????
Old 06-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben@SRP
Joe,
If I might help you with your question. If you are referring to the big canopy boats or the big Super Cats and Cat Lights or the big Super Vee's, then these boats will not be racing in Key West for 2005. See www.OffshoreSuperSeries.com for a list of the boats that race on the OSS circuit, and this might help with your question.
Unlike in 2004, there will not be a "Unified" World Championship in Key West. Only APBA/SBI boats will be racing there.
Another short sighted, condescending post by an OSS Board Member. The open cockpit racers of today are the canopied racers of tomorrow - Randy, Glenn, Gino, Todd, Matt, George, Mike, Jeff, Joey, Bob, Ray, Todd, Rick, George, Wil, Allen, and other listed on the OSS site started in (and a few still race) open cockpit boats.

Every time OSS gets on a little roll, a Board Member or OSS cheerleader makes a stupid statement that fans the flames of the group that dislikes you. Maybe you guys need a public relations person on your board........
Old 06-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Registered

If fanning the flames of a group that dislikes you is achieved merely by stating the facts .....then I guess he is guilty.

I for one was happy to hear something factual and to the point in this section apart from all the conjecture and hearsay
Old 06-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered

For the record, SBI/APBA/WPR/UIM/John Carbonell asked, OSS to remove any related information to Key West, as the OSS organization was not invited. Best of luck to all, where ever you race.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
Fact :
OSS had KW on thier schedule.
They were asked by SBI to remove the date from thier schedule.
If you want OSS in KW, just ask SBI to invite them.
Ron,
I wonder why SBI asked OSS to get lost???
Old 06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben,
For the record OSS never had a contact with SBI and took it upon themselves to post the Worlds on their schedule.Why would they do something like that when they know they didnt have a contact. I'm sure the fans are pissed about that.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:00 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

I must be having a "Senior Moment"..

Why would SBI dis-invite OSS??

Is the main motivator attracting fans to the the sport.....or....

that horrible old word "Ego"

I know the fans/potential racers will suffer..BUT... what will SBI or anyong GAIN by this assinine action no matter who the perpetrator was/is???

Quick Reply: key west

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.