Notices

key west

Old 06-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: key west

Marc,
You need to know all the facts before you will really ever know what happen. If you or anyone for that matter would like some details feel free to call me anytime...
321 693-0023
Old 06-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank,
OSS listed Key West for 2005 on the web site, because in 2004 when the race was put together, OSS was requested to come to Key West in 2005 also. This was directed to OSS by the Key West Tourism Group, of the Couch Republic Offshore Racing Association. OSS wanted a joint race and a second "2005 United Worlds", which was for the "Fans" and the “Racers”, which is also what everybody seemed to want, except SBI/John.

Sorry... But, we did try. Again, best of luck in Key West.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:11 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

At this stage I don't think I want to know the entire story. I've seen it happen in the Unlimited Hydro battle with Hydro-Prop and within just about every class of egg beaters.

I apologize for even asking and should have known better.

I will now return to my little camera and photo all that I can see where ever I am.

I have no favorites among classes and have the deepest respect for all drivers, crews, families and sponors.

Fot those that have not been to Sarasota here is my photo album link including arrival-pits, parade, entertainment (including swimming pool) and Marina Follies even some race boats.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gdfatha

Be safe..see ya in Sarasota
Old 06-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Joe,

At this time, it's not formally know if they will be in KW. As of now, KW is off their schedule and it appears as if they will hold their own Worlds the same weekend in St. Pete.

Does that answer your question?
It appears Ben answered your question as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Registered

Mark,
You really have "NO IDEA" what you are talking about, but keep digging that hole, as you're bound to findout more information than you'll care to know...

PS: Where is that Mark Mathews "Poll" I heard about? I didn't get a chance to vote...

Last edited by Ben@SRP; 06-21-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! OSS did not, has not, nor ever will try and back door anybody's event.

Dry Sump, Don't believe everything you hear... OSS did want to race under a TRUE Unification, not as a stand alone, but it is what it is now... And I say again, Do Not Believe Everything You Hear. I hope you don't. Get the facts and the facts are not going to be posted on OSO, atleast not by me.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
As far as the poll, it lasted almost as long as your name on the side of the Spiderman boat.
Atleast "my name" has been on a Raceboat, many Raceboats as a matter of fact, has yours?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Remember last year, the Conch Republic..... was brought in to make sure KW put on a huge race since the prior few years had been disappointing? Well it worked, everyone raced together, and wasn't it grand!!!

At the 2004 Award, the same Pres of the Conch Republic Bill Spotswood closed the awards by saying following statement. “I can’t tell ya how great it was to see the enthusiasm and co-operation between all three groups during this past week. It was an amazing week of competition and camaraderie. We learned this week that to be a true World Champion, you have to race against the best, in order to be the best. Thanks for coming and racing in Key West, we hope you come back next year to do it again”.

(I know because I was there and my tape recorder was running)

So what happened between then and now? SBI would like to see everyone race together in Key West as long as they are registered SBI teams. SBI doesn't want OSS officials or management in KW. Feathers got ruffled last year so rather than work through the issues to make this year better, SBI is asking OSS to go somewhere else.

Why the same week? Because that's the week that's been on their schedule. They are just changing locations.

Yes this sucks. I hope someone calls the KW hotel association or Tourist Development council of KW and let them know only half the show will be in KW this year.

And it could have been so good..........
Old 06-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Oh........would everyone just stop all of this BS'n and lets bring Everyone to Key West for the Races!!

Already Booked a Condo!!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron,
Of all people I would think you would know better then to post something like that. Have you called SBI and gotten the facts of why, or is it just easier to tell your version. I wouldn't be so sure u will only see half the boats in KW this year, they might not be talking about it publicly but you will see more OSS boat then you think in KW. Why do you think they are making sure they race their 2 races?????
SBI hasn't even spoke to OSS about the race in over 6 months,but I'm sure you knew that you seem to have a handle on whats happening???
Do you know the term that OSS want to race in KW again and do you think that could be part of the reason SBI hasn't agreed, but again you must know about that also????
I just wish you would do your home work get all the facts and then post the truth instead of what you think the truth to be. Its so simply all it would take is a few phone calls, but then again maybe not because the truth doesn't always make for good print.

Quick Reply: key west

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.