Notices

key west

Old 06-25-2005, 06:02 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 16,030 Likes on 4,190 Posts
Default Re: key west

[QUOTE]If this is so true, why is OSS running a race in St Clair with OPA? Is it for boat count or is it because this is what the people want to see also?

That portion of the race is being put on by OPA thru the Blue Water Offshore Racing Assn, Now that the GLSC is either done or on the shelf for a year. the BWORA is a pretty old organazation, without the GLCS having a event. this was the next solution. Because it coincides with OSS doesnt mean they are putting it on, the glsc raced a couple of races last year with OSS.

What is more important the boat count or the quality of the racing???
IMO the quality of the racing is much more important, especially to the casual observer. When 8 or 9 classes run at once after the excitment of the start, no one knows what going on. let alone the casual observer.

Randy,s analogy may not have been a good one, the differences lie between the management of the groups, one being run by independant business man and the help of some racers, the other by a group of racer's who are also successful businessmen. Time will only tell who has put a good formula together to attract good sponsor's and maybe take Offshore Racing to the next level. we that are fans can only sit and watch and give support to the group of OUR choosing.

As for this thread and the many like it, they will continue forever because we ALL have opinions, AND are ALL passionate about OFFSHORE RACING.
If we all happen to end up in the same place hopefully differences will be set aside, and a goodtime will be had by all.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me try to put this VERY SIMPLE. The Jersey Boyz/OPA are putting the race on in St. Clair because we choose to race when we want, where we want and against whomever we want. That's always been our "M-O" so don't read into something that ain't there. Smitty and I along with Ed Smith and a host of others are TRYING to bring racing back to the Northeast in a big way sooo WHATEVER IT TAKES! Now just so you all know...EVERYONE is invited so come up and have some fun with The Boyz and when the green flag goes up...KICK A$$!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Dry Sump
It's highly unlikely that a business model of club run by a group will ever attract serious sponsors. The liability of instability is just too great. The history of OSS being formed by a few of guys who got pissed because they didn't or couldn't get their way, will be a burden OSS will have to bear for years to come if they are around that long. Your right Pete, time will tell.
As a group they are all very sucessful, for only thier second year, i would say they are doing well, could it be better sure.
And not to throw gas on fire, how long has JC been doing it??
and he hasnt got it there, this may be a indicator that it will never be there! for either group.

my intent is to make civil discussion, not point fingers, throw daggers.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete...your right...it might not work.....but could it if we all worked together as one....SBI and APBA never joined together as one till now, could you amagine if SBI and APBA join forces in 2001 with that boat count putting all the BS that happend aside....would the sport today be better for everyone, fans, racers and sponsors if today we were one...or is the sport today better at its present.... I would thing every racer today putting all agenda's aside want to all race together....
Old 06-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
As a group they are all very sucessful, for only thier second year, i would say they are doing well, could it be better sure.
And not to throw gas on fire, how long has JC been doing it??
and he hasnt got it there, this may be a indicator that it will never be there! for either group.
Most would say that just being around for so long is a true sign of success. Many "new kids on the block" ended up being just another group that splintered the sport (US Offshore, etc.).

As for whether OSS has the business model for long term success - it's too early to tell. What is your definition of "there" Pete? No daggers, I'm just curious what your definition of success, or being "there" means.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Most would say that just being around for so long is a true sign of success. Many "new kids on the block" ended up being just another group that splintered the sport (US Offshore, etc.).

As for whether OSS has the business model for long term success - it's too early to tell. What is your definition of "there" Pete? No daggers, I'm just curious what your definition of success, or being "there" means.

making it more than a hobby as some call it.
and that will take major sponsor.

Last edited by Pete B; 06-25-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered

I may be able to clear up some misconceptions about the race in St. Clair Mi. BWORA started negotiating with the OSS right after last years race which was a joint GLSCS and OSS event. This year with no GLSCS, we (BWORA) looked for a way to bring in P-Class racers. The agreement with the OPA solved that problem and is turning out real well. We are grateful for them coming here. A lot of the old GLSCS racers are coming to St. Clair and will race some the other OPA races. As a race site promoter, BWORA was interested in presenting quality racing for the city and spectators. We are working with the groups that wanted to work with us. Very simple, no conspiracies. St. Clair is a great town to race in and watch races in and we are trying to preserve boat racing at least in our little corner of the world.
Steve Brunner Pres. BWORA
Old 06-27-2005, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Steve, it's turning out very well. No smoke n mirrors, just loads of fun and good competitive racing Jersey Boyz Style with a twist of St. Clair. No one else is racing that weekend sooooooooooo, here's the OPEN INVITATION, come race with us.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

What did oss not get that they wanted in the keys,it seems a general cosinesses that if they don't get what they want they take thee ball and bat and go home. Are they bringing the sponsors to the event ? I can't imagine the money involved and the spinoffs are they not getting there fair share? Give it to them let them race!

thks Joe
Old 06-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Prop was too Tall !

( yes I had my helmet on )

Noggin protector, thank goodness.
See you on the beach !

Quick Reply: key west

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.