Notices

key west

Old 06-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: key west

Show class,have pride and display character.If you do,winning will take care of itself ! Paul W. "Bear" Bryant Good luck to all in Sarasota and good luck to S.B.I and lets be friends and stop the badmouthing that makes us all look un-professional. Gary
Old 06-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Registered

Roll Tide.....great idea Gary!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:55 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Is this Mr Garys ride??

I agree with Nasty..
Attached Thumbnails key west-11p5160244.jpg  
Old 06-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe I am venturing to post on this thread since I am only a fan and a new fan at that. I have been curious and dissapointed about the fact that some of the larger boats will not be in Key West, so I made a few phone calls and got right to the top. These are some of things that I was told.
1. Conch Republic is very aware of the OSS stance
2. All Boats were invited, but under 1 sanctioning body. The CR does not want to deal with multiple race organizations, because that brings in multiple rules, and double the demands.
3. They feel in order to be a true "WORLDS" you need to have boats from outside the US, that brings in the UIM rules into the mix.
4. They do not want seperate races for OSS and SBI.
5. They feel that APBA and SBI have the most history and longevity in the sport, and that several boats are already racing in both groups already. I think they expect several boats to crossover.

These are business people and they may claim to care about the racing, but as the person I spoke to put it, "what they really care about is beds and meals". They want the City of Key West to make $, they feel that if a few boats are missing so be it, but at least they will not have to deal with feuding racing organizations.

At first I thought not having the big boats would dampen everyone's interest in going, but after posting about it in the General Disscussion I found it does not seem to make a big difference to the average fan, they will be in KW regardless.

As a fan of many of the OSS teams I am making a plea. In the interest of the sport and your fan base, could you put aside your differeces for this event and hold your year end race on a different weekend. This way if the teams want to race in both groups they would be able to.

OK, that's my .02 I hope I did not offend anyone.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 06-29-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Smile Re: key west

WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And if there are still questions, do what she did. Call the sources.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered

Hey Mike, are you going to the races this weekend. I probably should have waited to post it until after the weekend. Maybe you could talk to some of your OSS buddies and let them know how we feel
Old 06-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do NOT be afraid! I am looking forward to meeting you, please look me up in Sarasota.
BTW...... Lido Beach is the place to be.....start/finish line.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bull $hit, be afraid of Pat. She's not gonna be looking for you...she's gonna HUNT you down. Love ya Pat. See ya Friday. Gary, I agree with you.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wink Re: key west

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!
SOME people call me "sweet patty d"

hi marc
Old 06-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll pass on meeting you..............

Quick Reply: key west

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.