Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Sea Tow "SUCKS" (again) >

Sea Tow "SUCKS" (again)

Notices

Sea Tow "SUCKS" (again)

Old 06-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

is there any other motorsport where you have to pay for recovery if you wreck?? no...its good advertisment for a tow company to work a race, towing should not be charged for period.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sea Tow Is A Large Network With Many Franchise Owners. They Provide Excellent Service In The New Orleans Area And Have Saved My Butt On More Than 1 Occasion. I Don't Think I'd Trash Subways As A Whole If I Had A Bad Sandwich From 1.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getreal
Is it just me? Three years ago John and I crashed “How Sweet it Is” in Ft Lauderdale. Sea Tow went on to the race course (while the race was still going) hook up to the boat and wanted $25,000.00 for the salvage. Three weeks ago Chris and I flipped “Hidden Agenda” in Huntington Beach. Sea Tow was under contract with POPRA for the entire race. Chris called me yesterday; apparently Sea Tow has been calling him and demanding $15,000.00 because they towed the (salvaged) boat to the crane area.
sounds to me you need to learn to slow down a bit and stop flipping boats.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Titan
Qball

Not trying to stick my nose into some ones busineess. But racing for you seems to be a business and not for pleasure. Since your boats are not insured what would have been your second option to save the vessel at that point in time when it was drifting upside down into shore. If the vessel hit the shore and broke apart and fuel was spilled what do you think the DEC would have charged you for the cleanup. Not too mention the fines you would have paid.

Sounds like you got away cheap. And not too mention the Sea Tow Captain saved the guys life too...

What is the problem here????????????
EXACTLY
Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joepaws
Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered

Ha ha are you serious? I don't think anyone would show up to the races if all the boats idled around the course
Old 07-22-2009, 11:35 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

I missed this one, last time this thread was alive, classic
Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys know salvage laws apply on land too?
After one of the hurricanes when I lived in Palm Beach
one of the dry stacks fell over. The marina pulled the boats out
and then would not let owners get their boats until they paid huge "salvage" fees. Since many had no insurance or not enough to cover
the huge bill they had to give up their boats and it was all perfectly legal according to the law.
Thats just one case i know of but it was a pretty widespread practice in the hurricanes that came after Hurricane Andrew.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Registered

Sea Tow was a "sponsor" of the race, correct? Whe you sponsor something, usually you do something for the event. Donate time, money or services is usually what goes into a sponsorship. What did Sea Tow use to sponsor the race?

I do not think a sponsor of an boat race should take advantage of a situation like that. It is a race and in most boat races, 1/4 field won't finish. Plenty of work for Sea Tow. Why screw over the racers with a 15,000 bill? Total BS.

Thing is, after reading this thread, I want nothing to do with Sea Tow. They may have made 15,000, but what will they lose in membership and revenues due to this bad publicity? OSO is a big forum. Word travels. CG has always bailed me out anyway, for free I might ad. Dropped me a pump from a helicopter one time when I was sinking off the coast of Charleston SC. Went by the station the next day to say thanks and ask them if I owed them anything. They said no, but I bought them a case of Jack Daniels anyway. Good mojo and karma.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

I've never read anything good about Sea Tow on this or any other forum.

Quick Reply: Sea Tow "SUCKS" (again)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.