P 3-30 Clarification >

P 3-30 Clarification

Notices

P 3-30 Clarification

Old 11-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P 3-30 Clarification

FYI-since we are all still caught up on the Sarasota Race, let me explain...we were placed in P-4 based on the formula created by SBI...PERIOD...END OF STORY! We won that race in the last lap only b/c Team Nesquik hit a hole and we were able to get ahead...it wasn't easy, but was a good race! A simple congrats would have been nice...thanks to those who did support and congratulate that win! As a ROOKIE that was pretty cool. When we were later placed in P-3 we didn't argue and raced our hardest! Now, about Key West! Yes, it is true, we put new motors on the boat. Acutally, the motors we were running with were consumer motors, NOT RACING MOTORS..(and we still won!) We simply put the original racing motors, which are 280 HP consumer motors with 7500 rev limiter, and should have remained in the P-3 class, according to the speed of the boat, as per SBI! Once arriving in Key West, certain parties complained and we were placed in P-2, a class with top speed of 100 + (fyi, our boat has never seen 90...would that seem fair to you if it were your boat? I bet not!) We sucked it up, ran P-2 on Wed. without crying, and finished last for any of you who watched? Again, does that sound fair? Once again, NO! After this spanking, we requested that SBI reconsider by taking a ride in our boat. One of the officials rode with me, in charge of both throttles as well as the trim, and concluded that we were correct and the boat belonged in P-3! Don't forget, P-3 boats run avg lap speed 75-85 not to exceed 92...we fit right in! We were then allowed to race on sat. in the fair class in which we took 2nd FAIRLY! We were awarded pts. for wed. as if we finished last in P-3 on wed, 2nd place pts. for sat. and this was spelled out for EVERYONE to read at the driver's mtg. Sunday...WE WERE IN THE RUNNING FOR THE TITLE, with a win on sunday! Bottom line, we are in this for the fun and competition...not to mess with anyone or create enemies! I would appreciate all of you considering the facts and realizing, even if you don't agree with SBI, don't take it out on the rookie who really enjoys the sport and would like a chance for fair competition! Anymore complaints should be directed at SBI...NOT P-3 30... Congrats to all winners and participants, it was a great week and hope to see you all again in the COMPETITION next year!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: P 3-30 Clarification

Hi Darren, I fully understand where you stand and for all the people who know me by now know that I have never backed down from any match. When Wazzup was in P3 this year and broke out we were the only team that faught with SBI to leave them in P3 even though they broke out just because we love the competition. I never complain about anyone in my class and Richie can say that about me. So whom ever has complained about you being in our class never came from our team. What happened in KW is an official`s problem that changed the rules without are consent. We never knew that you had been given those points in our class, if so we would raced on Sunday like we raced on Saturday, no holds bare to the end, but in our minds and even Stan Lanes mind who was broadcasting the event said during the race that all we had to do was stay in front of Shamoo and Marine Tech in which we did to be the World Champions. Nevertheless, you have what it takes to win and you did however the race isnt over, I hope you consider racing again next year in P3 with whatever motors so we can beat each other the whole year.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for responding. Although again, this was not our mistake at all, the points were printed and given to all racers on Sunday morning. I do believe it is the responsiblilty of SBI to inform all racers in the class of any changes, that was their Biggest mistake, it is also important for all of us to take responsibility during the mtgs. to read all the information provided so that this doesn't happen again! I do understand your frustration, but SBI has created a systm that we must all adhere to and comply with. If this is going to be fair in the future we must assist SBI in making positive changes so that this type of frustration doesn't occur again! We too are looking forward to a great race next year! Unless you want to meet outside of Keystone Point in Pollo and we can settle this once and for all...Just kidding!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I say what's done is done.....Pollo Tropical and Micosukee are champions, I'm over it. Like I said to you and Brett at the awards ceremony; I don't think it is your team's fault or ours, simply an administrative/scoring error. If we knew you guys were in contention, believe me, we would not have backed down and let you guys go by. Who knows what would have happened then. Its over; lets both enjoy our championships and leave this behind. I trust no one else will bicker over it or yell out obscenities when the opposing team is called to the podium. That was the only distastfeul part I found. No need to go out racing via Keystone, the racing should be done under controlled and safe circumstances....I will however very much enjoy taking both Champion boats out for a run together to down a few brews and celebrate outside the racing scene. Congrats to you and your team.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Registered

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Looking forward to next year and you're right...tasteful competition without obscenities will be the future! Enjoy your day and let me know when you wanna take the boats for a brew..sounds GREAT!
Old 11-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

APBA OSS AND SBI Should All Get There Act Together And Race As One Then We Would Have Some Good Races
Old 11-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightspeed
APBA OSS AND SBI Should All Get There Act Together And Race As One Then We Would Have Some Good Races
I agree with you; and until that happens,the races in all organizations will be a fraction of what they could be.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

How Many Boats Did Oss Have?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
I agree with you; and until that happens,the races in all organizations will be a fraction of what they could be.
Mark I agree two World championships on the same week sucks GIANT GORRILLA BALLS and is only hurting the sport,for those of you who dont see that we need to all unite and race together are cluless and really dont care about the sport,we should have only ONE SANCTIONING BODY and that would solve alot of problems but you have to many people with EGOS that they are fullfilling or just want to have it there way and can afford to keep writing checks so they can have it there way has got to stop,PERIOD.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,461 Likes on 3,993 Posts

It Is a endless highway

Quick Reply: P 3-30 Clarification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.