Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

Notices

Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

Old 12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

My recent experience at the St Pete OSS World Championships, after flipping my NEW boat and depositing my wallet into a blender, I left the race site with GOOD memories. After being towed in upside down, by a local, Mike Erturk " Problem Solver" I can't say how great and patient he was getting me back to the marina, which I might add the marina personal were unbelievably nice to me, who went beyond the call of duty. When I finally made it back to the pits a few hours later. As I sat in a competitors camp (MOJO) where without asking I recieved warm DRY clothes, food, an a pat on the back. While sitting there blown away, reflecting on what had happened hours earlier. I looked over where I had parked the boat and left it to sit, un-solicited there were no less than 10 guys working on my boat. I was overwellmed! I never asked one of those guys, hinted, that I needed help in anyway. They took it upon themselves to bring there own parts, batteries, fuels, ecu, etc. .....off of there own boats and trailers to save my motors and salvage what I had, that they could. Shiviring from the cold I can't tell you the warmth that came over me, to hear my motors fire up. It is a feeling , to have friends like these, that I would hope anyone could experience once in there life. THANK YOU to everyone that lent a hand. Dennis Berry , John Vanderstel, Grant Bruggermann, Stan Perkoski, Troy Tremellen, MOJO's whole crew, Chris Marshall, and anyone else that I may have forgotten. Even Mike Tomlinson (chief referee OSS) got on a golf cart and found me personally and asked me if I was allright. Words cannot describe this type of sportsmanship and commradere. I just wanted to wish everyone The Happiest of Holidays and say thank you to everyone that helped.

Gary Ballough
S-6 MAPEI
www.GBalloughRacing.com
Old 12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

Great to hear that you are Ok Gary...
The stock class guys are the best and have always had a close relationship like no other class. I can't remember how many times I've seen the bunch on you working till the middle of the night to get a fello racer up and running for the next day. Not only helping wrench but supplying parts, from your own camps to asure they would be ready...and make no mistake you are always one of the first to jump in and help.This time it happen to been you that needed a hand and as always the boys came through for you. Its stories like this what makes all our hard work worth it...thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary,

You are welcome ...we look forward to racing with you next season.
Even with all the joking around we do ...You are highly respected for your accomplishments and experience.

Bob Bartram
Old 12-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to Gary for the kind words.We do what we can.It takes a team effort to make racing safe and fun.Its a lot of work even with the boat right side up.Gary put his time in too,helping Loan Shark get back out there on Sunday.It all comes around.There are great people in racing,always ready to lend a hand(a chicken,a gas bottle,a drill,whatever).We want to see everbody possible out there.Its no fun if you're running alone.

Happy Holidays

Louie
MOJO S-1
Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Registered

Gary it was great to see you out there with us in St. Pete, it's unfortunate that the damn boat didn't stay right side up. When we threw up the green flag you looked like you had just started to get on the throttles.

Well we look forward to seeing you next season and happy holidays to you as well.

You're the man, man!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Registered

Gary,
It was great seeing you racing in St. Pete(even if it was short lived) and just to echo many other's statements, you are a true professional and a GREAT Racer. I am sure Mojo, Shark, and many others were more than proud to be able to help you in any way that they could. I am Looking forward to 2006 and seeing you "really" race in your new Doug Wright. Happy Holiday's to you and everyone else.

Ben
Old 12-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Registered

His sportsmanship is better than that. During the first race I broke a clamp bracket. On Saterday he gave me his off his boat!!! And Gary worked most of the day installing it!!

A true Champion!!!

Next season will be awesome!

Dan

Last edited by dan lawrence; 12-19-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

gary, thank you for coming and racing with us.we all know you would do it for any one of us
have a great holiday season and see you in destin
mike stancombe
peppers racing
Old 12-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Registered

No doubt that we are all surrounded by great people and great competitors. We have recieved the same treatment when we have had problems and are honored to help when we can ......I wish we were there to help you when you needed it. Looking forward to the upcoming season.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered

From waht i know and here of Gary he has always been a great guy to lend a hand. Me and a couple of buddies of mine from Tennesse went down to the sarasota offshore grand prix 04. and out of the blue Gary came over and started talking to us. We were telling him how much we loved coming to the boat races, so the next day we came back down to the pits and Gary loaded us up on his truck and took us to the wet pits so we could get a closer look at the boats and the rigging. That means alot to the fans when these racers come over and act like your just one of the guys, and thats what Gary did. Been pulling for Mapei ever since.

Quick Reply: Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.