2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Notices

2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Old 02-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Brian,

From the last conversation I had with JC its not something that the class would vote on. SBI will have to take a closer look at it and decide.
You have to look at it another way also, the P4 boats are also racing for National point and for a shot at the Hall of Champions. If a F1 boat takes first place in one or two P4 races it might cost a true P4 boat a shot at making the Hall of Champion by 100 points for the P division. I guess it will just have to be looked at so it is far for both sides. I will stay on top of it, and get what ever information I get out to the rest of you ASAP. Another thing to look at is if another class has a low boat count too do you put them all in P class ( SS , SVL, F2, SC, ) ???
From the conversation I've had with JC is if you have the 5 reg. boats to start the season he is going to run the class. If you boat count isn't there it will be something SBI/APBA will look at for next year. If some new boats do come to race this year, and they travel to a race with the intention of racing F1 for points I'm not sure they will be so willing to race P class. If a team is willing to travel and race the majority of the races, and wins the National Championship they deserve it.

Brian this is a great post you started,and some really good information keep up the good work, it is paying off and the class will grow. Sponsors are looking at it and coming aboard... we have almost $10,000.00 commited already for the National, and World Championship purse and I still have a long way to go yet. If any other teams can think of other sponsors that might be interested, I can use all the help you guys can give me with this one.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 02-04-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:55 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many APBA Supercat teams showed up for races during 2005?
I don't remember either one (or both) of the "two teams" being placed in P Class due to lack of boat count.
If F1 goes as well as expected, the P4 debacle will be a moot point.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Sean,
When we spoke the other nite he said they would be racing SBI/ APBA .
I can try and find out some more info.
Thanks Frank.

I'll put up a post closer to the season start to get an SBI/APBA P5 roll call. Just tell Jo to be looking out for it.

Thanks again,

Sean
Old 02-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Will do ...
He is also talking to a few teams about running a new F1 step boat he is working on. He might even bring the old F2 boat out in P3 this year.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
we have almost $10,000.00 commited already for the National, and World Championship purse
This started out as a winner take all "biggest purse in F1 history" for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, what happened?
Old 02-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Some of the sponsors that have committed to the series this year have a preference, some wanted to sponsor the Worlds and others the Nationals.

I don't see a problem with still having the biggest purse ever in F1 for the WORLDS, at the pace I'm going it will be BIG. I still have 6 months to hit sponsors, and in 4 short weeks I've raised almost $10,000.00 !!! So with 6 months to go and working hard it might be bigger then big I'm hoping to get in the huge stage. All I can do is try my best, and hope that some of the rest of the class will jump in and help.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Registered

Frank,

Just wondering...are there any restrictions on older boats? Could and old A-Class (open cockpit) boat with a new engine compete in F-1?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

Steve would be able to answer that question better he is more familiar with A class then me...But I'm sure I can find out.