To All You Super Vee's >

To All You Super Vee's

Notices

To All You Super Vee's

Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Vin...#6 are not the answer...for one the cost...no one with a 2,3 or 4 year old Super Vee is going to go out and buy #6's to race Super Vee...the tech. has come so far in the last 4 years ago in these boats...you know that...

also there are so many gears you can run with #6's and props which again will cost a lot of money....thats part of the problem with Super Vee...when it was allowed to go to #6..it open the door to all kinds of gears and acceleration...leaving the Brovo's out to dry...look at what Scott C. did with the Spiderman Skater...his 70 to 100 acceleration was incredible...plus he had the reliablity in the drives...

You should know this very well...the Bad Boys boat was built for the 2005 season...and it has gone threw a lot of changes...and still is..and I'm sure the money that has been invested into that boat is up there to date...but now it is competing against boats that are running 8 to 10 mph faster today....we are just putting the older boats in a class that we can all compete....
who knows 3 years from now the Super Vees will probably be running in the 120's...
But there will aways be teams out there they will stay current with the newest tech and they will race in that class...
#6's actually were the answer for safety and also, it is apparent that the speed would come around with enough testing and making sure you weighed 8001 LBS at the end of the race and the right bottom design.

I never damaged or broke one - the Bravo program required (requires) an agressive "cycling" program and everyone still broke drives and Gimbles.

Even in P-2 the #6 deal is esentially zero maintenance. Yes, more expensive up front, but worth it I think.

Gregg Reichman