Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

http://stores.ebay.com/High-Performa...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 04-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks for the info Mike..............you sure looked preeddddty in those suits, boy!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered

From a former race car guy and relatively new offshore fan, I love the fact that the guys driving Platnum Princess, Peppers or Muscle might happen to be barefoot! It's such a pleasant change from the rigid and (at the higher teirs) over commercialized world of car racing.

I do grasp the concept of marketability and can't blame guys for wanting to look professional in order to get someone else to pay the bills, but there is a classic feel to boat racing because it still looks like guys having fun. And it still looks like guys who are focused more on winning races than they are on selling me boner pills, dog food or charcoal briquettes.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Registered

Great thread !
Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Registered

Steve,

With your saltwater pool, that's a pretty good idea. I would like to try that. I would want to do it at night too...just in case the neighbors where watching. No need for a 911 call just because someone's in the pool wearing a helmet.

As for attire...it can get pretty hot inside a canopy. We typically see temps around 105 during a race. Long pants and long sleeves just aren't an option. Armorall shirts work well. It wicks off the sweat and keeps you comfortable without being constrictive.

When selecting racing wear, comfort and safety should be the primary concern. No jewelry, no lanyards around your neck, and nothing that might get caught on something as you make your way out of the cockpit.

Off the racecourse, or anytime the Team is out in public is another matter. Especially when attending an official race function.

I've always liked the "uniforms" the Donzi teams have. They are not really uniforms...just nice looking button down shirts with a team logo and the person's name. They look nice, they are practical, and you can definitely tell when someone is a part of their team. Dave Pyc always looks so nice in his Donzi wear, he could be their poster model.

Everyone's personal style is different, and team apparel should fit the style of the Team...otherwise we would look like a herd of penguins.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, great answer. I never would have even thought about anything like that. Good Thread!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Peppers racing went to a school in greers ferry, and a V A Hospital in biloxi, i have done alot of these things over the years and when i walked out with my driving suit on, they looked at us like we were really racing professionals, like we are. i cant wear ours in the boat, but when we climb out of the boat, the suit is right there and we put them on.if we had a/c we would wear them in the boat
Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Which ones did you guys get???
Old 04-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Steve,

Next time...I'll do the honors.

Only thing is ...I've got a big ball-piene hammer.

Now we know why APBA had "STARS" Recue

Last edited by KenD; 04-27-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Mandatory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.