Notices

P1 Naples

Old 05-26-2007, 11:39 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by louietherigger

PS We never gave Sharkey a dime ( though he does have some incriminating pictures of me)
And without being bias, I still take and post photos of you're boat....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=147113

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Louie,
When you say, "all the other guys" I assume you mean where are the five (5) other Fountains this year...?
#76 Pier 57, #37 Pier 57, Muscle, Wazzup, and Black Pearl.

So do I safely assume you are saying that 5 other Fountains ran away from Miccosukee as well ?

If you were to get them all back to racing here in the US, I'm sure that you would see Outerlimits race in the US again.

Hell, I have even heard Bad Boys stopped their new Super Vee boat campaign.

So what is the answer?

Apparently if people don't like what they see is happening in the US and they can find what they want elsewhere, you can't blame them for going elsewhere. (Isn't that how OPA was created ?)

Outerlimits will be able to have it all now. They will be able to see how they compare to the Donzis, Skaters, Metamarine, Fabio Buzzi Design, Fountain and Cigarette. Currently a total of 10 boats in the Evolution Class and growing.

So they have the competition from several countries, big seas, a good organization from what I have seen so far, a huge fan base and Worldwide Television . All of this with about 20 boats and 2 classes. Go figure?

Quote from P1 website:
"The 2007 UIM Powerboat P1 World Championship will have arguably the most extensive television coverage in the history of performance boat racing, reaching across four continents and a potential audience of more than 100 million viewers.

Through a balanced mix of terrestrial, satellite and cable television, Powerboat P1 action will be broadcast throughout Europe and into countries as diverse as Brazil, Canada, India, Russia and South Africa as the appeal of this exciting and glamorous motorsport championship continues to gather momentum."
Tim,
I'm not arguing that point, Supervee needs some serious revamping, I've said this before. The older Fountains don't have much of a chance against the new Fountains or the OL and Skater for that matter. I'm not blaming OL for the current state of SV but they also didn't help it either. It goes deeper then that, like the way there isn't any parity between SBI SV and OSS SV. Wazzup being an earlier model 38 was very competitive, but they were driven away from OSS SV. I don't know the plans of the other SV's but we are racing class 2 and having fun. The ego's of 2 manufacturers has decimated SV racing, there needs to be a solution. In the states, us bracket racers have been knocked and called beginers, but bring the same format to europe and wallah you have a stroke of genius. I have no great love for the OSS, but when 20 boats show up at a race, they were called losers, 20 boats show up in Malta and its great racing, thats BS. As far as Brett is concerned, he has a new fast boat, shows up to race, no matter who is there or should I say isn't there, he deserves credit not ridicule, wake up people and support our sport in this country as well as oversea's.

The American Cowboy,Louie

PS thanks for the great pictures, they keep us going.

Last edited by louietherigger; 05-27-2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fountain Worldwide/King of Shaves goes two for two.

http://www.proprider.com/forum/showt...sted=1#post829
Old 05-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Starflite X
Fountain Worldwide/King of Shaves goes two for two.

http://www.proprider.com/forum/showt...sted=1#post829
Cool! I wonder when there gonna post it on OSO the OL win was up there as it happened and hasn't been off since LOL,
unbiased my keester!! I heard a rumor OL is going to campaign Antarctica! LOL. Happy Memorial Day, Louie
Old 05-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered

Sharkey,
Have you found the full results from todays race.
I think Fountain won again which is really incredible because they just put that boat in the water.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:59 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

"The older Fountains don't have much of a chance against the new Fountains " ..... "Wazzup being an earlier model 38 was very competitive,"

Louie,

How is it the older Fountain "Wazzup" was very competitive and the other older Fountains don't have a chance against the new Fountain ?

Wazzup Team did their homework, reworked the bottom and took weight out of the old boat.

Why is it the other teams didn't put in the time as Wazzup did? Or perhaps it was something else? How about them hard to get Herring Props ? I recall for sometime that the runaway Fountain boat(s) were always in possession of the props that the other racers could not get. As I said in the past, if they weren't available to everyone, they should not have been allowed to be used.

I see now if the changes made by Fountain season to season are that drastic that it makes his boats obsolete for the following season how it could become a very expensive class to go racing in.
The racers would need a new boat every year.
God bless him for making such improvements, but perhaps he should have found away to update the older hulls too? Then again, why would he? He wants them all to buy new boats every year.

Thank God for OPA. If these obsolete SV boats choose to race in P2, they have a place to go. Hopefully many will show up for Ocean City.

Congratulations to Craig Wilson & James Sheppard !

Old 05-27-2007, 10:07 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
Sharkey,
Have you found the full results from todays race.
I think Fountain won again which is really incredible because they just put that boat in the water.
Sure did!

Nice job by the Brits !

Brett,

How would you like to come race Ocean City, Md with OPA?

I am sure they can find some competition there for you!

I would like to be proven wrong that the older Fountain boats don't have a chance against you...

On The Chip would really make you work hard for a win. Ask Tom Abrams

What do you say?

You up for a challenge?

P.S.
I hope you enjoyed the Big Air in Ocean City thread Brett.
It truely shows what you can expect to find there.

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 05-27-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

Louie,

How is it the older Fountain "Wazzup" was very competitive and the other older Fountains don't have a chance against the new Fountain ?

Wazzup Team did their homework, reworked the bottom and took weight out of the old boat.

Why is it the other teams didn't put in the time as Wazzup did? Or perhaps it was something else? How about them hard to get Herring Props ? I recall for sometime that the runaway Fountain boat(s) were always in possession of the props that the other racers could not get. As I said in the past, if they weren't available to everyone, they should not have been allowed to be used.

I see now if the changes made by Fountain season to season are that drastic that it makes his boats obsolete for the following season how it could become a very expensive class to go racing in.
The racers would need a new boat every year.
God bless him for making such improvements, but perhaps he should have found away to update the older hulls too? Then again, why would he? He wants them all to buy new boats every year.

Thank God for OPA. If these obsolete SV boats choose to race in P2, they have a place to go. Hopefully many will show up for Ocean City.

Congratulations to Craig Wilson & James Sheppard !
We will be at Ocean City, that I can promise. With out going back and forth over this. I agree herings gave a huge advantage, that has changed with the advent of Throttle up CNC props ( we have some herings for sale), Smitty and Anthony are top gun racers, as well as ultra dail in men, We can never thank them enough for the speed they found in our boat, which they openly shared with us. As far as why teams have not shown to race SV, I'm sure the economy has something to do with it. Its a perplexing dilemma, on one hand we want to keep the boats competitive with one another and at the same time want guys like Reggie and Mike to R&D the hulls to make them faster. I would think a solution would be to cap the top speeds for racing (adjusted yearly) and put more emphasis on the Kilo runs where the manufacturers can flaunt there speed accomplishments. This would eliminate a lot of the "who is cheating BS" and give the slower hulls the option to kick up the power a bit, to compete.
Gino has been talking about this, we have at the OPA, I think it's just a matter of time. And about the obsolete old SV remark, I asked Brett if he could come to a few OPA races with his SV to run class 2, Fountain or not we ain't planning on being behind him! WOO HOO!!!!
Louie
Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

I asked Brett if he could come to a few OPA races with his SV to run class 2, Fountain or not we ain't planning on being behind him! WOO HOO!!!!
Louie
Bring it on!

Old 05-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Its nice when the Fountain weighs 550lbs less and the water is completely fountain flat. The Outerlimits got hosed down at the start and ended up in dead last. They couldnt get the boat dried out and going again until the fourth lap. Then they moved through the pack and finished 9 seconds out of second place. We'll see what happens in Germany when the Outerlimits makes some key adjustments.

Quick Reply: P1 Naples

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.