Pro-Series Boats Arrive for Gold-Cup

Notices

Pro-Series Boats Arrive for Gold-Cup

Old 07-12-2007, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pro-Series Boats Arrive for Gold-Cup

Miss Geico and the Chrysler Jeep Unlimited arrived at Chrysler World Headquarters for an autograph session. There were thousands that attended to kick off the Gold-Cup races in Detroit.
Attached Thumbnails Pro-Series Boats Arrive for Gold-Cup-dsc00699.jpg   Pro-Series Boats Arrive for Gold-Cup-dsc00700.jpg   Pro-Series Boats Arrive for Gold-Cup-dsc00701.jpg  

Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom,

It should be a great event....all the folks were talking about it all week up there....and the advertising was great....it was advertised on all the tv and radio channels....also they were also talking about the St.Clair race....what a great area to have races....the water looks like it can get a bit choppy for those hydros...

Great job Pro Series guys....

Last edited by MANITIE; 07-12-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Tom,

Are you guys going to make the roostertail turn?
Or are they going to modify course.

Mike Sadlon
UL-89
Old 07-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Captnmike
Tom,

Are you guys going to make the roostertail turn?
Or are they going to modify course.

Mike Sadlon
UL-89
Mike,
Post some pictures of your UL boat;the Unlimiteds are OK,but I like the UL/GNH,NM and E classes the best.I think they should combine UL/GNH and NM into one awesome class.Are you racing in the Gold Cup;if so,good luck!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered

1waterboy1

Go to ULHRA.org, there is a picture of me at Valleyfield passing a blower boat(or maybe the other way around) as the #4

Not going to Detroit.... Politics... wife there ,boat there, me in FLA. Small block in my boat and its a big block only weekend.

I have just started writing a proposal with what you suggest. Try to align Ul and GNH/NM rules.

Mike
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Miss GEICO -- World's Fastest Offshore Race Boat -- Ready to Roar down the Detroit River this Weekend

LAKE WORTH, FL UNITED STATES

99th Annual Detroit Gold Cup Promises to Wow Race Fans with Miss GEICO's Offshore Debut with Unlimited Hydros in Detroit

DETROIT, July 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Motor City will make good on its name this weekend when Miss GEICO, flagship race craft of the highly successful AMF Offshore Racing group and the fastest offshore race boat on the water today, makes a splash in more ways than one. Long before the
turbine engine powered boat hits the water, Miss GEICO will wake race fans with her screaming green color and aerodynamic hull. "Looking at this boat
for the first time is an experience unto itself," Team Owner John Haggin said. "The attention to every detail can really be appreciated by those who love boats and speed, from her color palette, to the power of the turbine engines that make her go so fast, to the intricately shaped hull that rivals the best built boats in the world."

GEICO, known as one of the nation's giants of the insurance industry,
cemented its standing in pop culture with its gecko, a cultural icon whose refined British accent urges drivers to pay less for their car insurance. Miss GEICO, a more extreme and ferociously feminine application of that
same gecko call-to-action focuses on fast and furious performance. "This boat can hit speeds of more than 180 miles-per-hour," said Haggin, a veteran of the sport who earned his racing stripes coming up through offshore racing's Jersey speed skiffs. "In powerboat racing, those
numbers speak for themselves. But, it's not just about the boat, or the two gladiators who climb into the cockpit at show time. We have an entire crew working non-stop to ensure we're ready for the Motor City."

A Hallowed History of Go Fast Fun
Participating in the 99th annual Detroit APBA Gold Cup is an exciting opportunity for the Miss GEICO team. The history of this event covers nearly a century of the best the sport has to offer. It is an ideal follow up race for Miss GEICO, whose performance in Sarasota, Florida left fans
hungry for more. "We've had an unbelievable season," said Throttleman Scotty Begovich. "We debuted this amazing boat in the blue waters off Miami, saluted our soldiers and the courage of our country in the ravaged
waters off Mississippi's post- Katrina shore, made history on the
Chesapeake Bay and now we're bringing her to the Motor City where her unparalled performance will seal her place among the go-fast giants of racing."

At a critical point in its 2007 season, Miss GEICO and her crew go into the Detroit Gold Cup full force with a steady focus on the power of performance. "Many teams and proven professionals will come together this
weekend and they'll offer many different things," Driver Marc Granet said. "We'll keep fans on the edges of their seats with a performance unlike any they've seen in 99 years of racing. That's what we do."

For a closer look at what makes "Miss GEICO" go so fast and the technology behind the sport's fastest boat, call Kanika Tomalin at 727-742-7108.

Complete engine specifications for the AMF Offshore "Miss Geico" turbine- engine powered boat follow.
Specifications: "Miss GEICO" Unlimited Hydroplane

2007 Miss Geico MTI.

Builder: Marine Technologies Incorporated
Materials: Composite, Carbon, Epoxy
Length: 44 feet
Beam: 10' 6
Weight: 10,000lbs
Fuel: 500 Gal Capacity
Type: Jet- A, Kerosene, Diesel
Engines: Lycoming T-53 703 series
Drives: BPM, Surface
Horsepower: 1850 x 2
Propellers: Precision, High Strength Alloy
Rudder: Carbon Stainless
Paint: House of Kolor, EFX

Performance: 185+ MPH!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick to test drives Offshore racing boat at Gold Cup

Thursday, 12 July 2007

Mayor Kilpatrick will test-drive an Offshore Pro Series powerboat, which range from 39 to 44 feet in length and are powered by automotive or turbine engines up to 3,700 horsepower, Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. to kick start the 2007 Chrysler Jeep Superstores APBA Gold Cup Weekend.

This will be the first time Offshore boats have run on the hydroplane racecourse.

The roar of eight Offshore Pro Series powerboats adds a new dimension to the Gold Cup race weekend on the Detroit River, July 13 - 15.

"They finally got a boat that fits me," Mayor Kilpatrick said. "I've always enjoyed watching the race, but I'm really going to enjoy the ride of the river."

The test-drive will take place on the Detroit River as Mayor Kilpatrick runs a couple laps on the racecourse. Offshore boats raced as part of the Detroit events from 1979-1983.

The Offshore Boat pit area is in Henderson Park pit area, which is located near the MacArthur (Belle Isle) Bridge. There will be an opportunity for photos and a brief Q & A period.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captnmike
1waterboy1

Go to ULHRA.org, there is a picture of me at Valleyfield passing a blower boat(or maybe the other way around) as the #4

Not going to Detroit.... Politics... wife there ,boat there, me in FLA. Small block in my boat and its a big block only weekend.

I have just started writing a proposal with what you suggest. Try to align Ul and GNH/NM rules.

Mike
Mike,
So your boat is actually a National Modified?That would great to these three great classes combined into one.What would the new class be called?The Unlimiteds should go back to automotive power...or better yet; do away with them ,and make the GNH/UL/NM the top class!Any chance that you will be coming to the Sunset Lake Hydrofest in Wildwood Crest,NJ....the promoters have done a great job in making that annual race a big time success.I go every year.Good luck with the rest of your season.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick to test drives Offshore racing boat at Gold Cup

Thursday, 12 July 2007

Mayor Kilpatrick will test-drive an Offshore Pro Series powerboat, which range from 39 to 44 feet in length and are powered by automotive or turbine engines up to 3,700 horsepower, Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. to kick start the 2007 Chrysler Jeep Superstores APBA Gold Cup Weekend.

This will be the first time Offshore boats have run on the hydroplane racecourse.

The roar of eight Offshore Pro Series powerboats adds a new dimension to the Gold Cup race weekend on the Detroit River, July 13 - 15.

"They finally got a boat that fits me," Mayor Kilpatrick said. "I've always enjoyed watching the race, but I'm really going to enjoy the ride of the river."

The test-drive will take place on the Detroit River as Mayor Kilpatrick runs a couple laps on the racecourse. Offshore boats raced as part of the Detroit events from 1979-1983.

The Offshore Boat pit area is in Henderson Park pit area, which is located near the MacArthur (Belle Isle) Bridge. There will be an opportunity for photos and a brief Q & A period.

Grrreeeeaaattttt...now our Mayor has yet another reason to mis-use some of our tax dollars and go racing... The media was all over the Navigator bought with tax dollars, could just imagine the frenzy a MTI or Skater would create!

But in all honesty this weekend will be great PR to get the Offshore series in the spotlight. Teaming up with the Gold Cup was a fabulous idea and I thank all who put it together. The Gold Cup is one of the most professional boat racing events I've ever been to and for Offshores to be a part of that is a great step forward. Thank you to all involved.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

I agree...I wounder how crazy it would be to have the gold cup race in Detroit with a Offshore race there in the same weekend...maybe like 4 days of racing....

Last edited by MANITIE; 07-13-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Pro-Series Boats Arrive for Gold-Cup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.