Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
San Diego  this weekend >

San Diego this weekend

Notices

San Diego this weekend

Old 09-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last part is some funny $hit Shifter. Were thinking about mounting a Bravo upside down on Kevin's boat.

Your right on many counts about the club. For the past 6 or so years it's been about the money. Low boat count and $25-$35K to produce a race make it tough to find advertising money. Van does a nice job in Pittsburg every year with local radio and TV advertising. We did TV in 2005 in the Huntington Beach area. Other than that, promotion has been scarce. Of course when you tie into an existing event, ie. Thunderboat regatta, there isn't much need for advertising other than event details and team bio's on the web site.

P class racing has opened the door for your products. I'm well aware you would like to run side by side with the spec class guys, but , honestly don't see that happening. It has nothing to do with your drives. It has to do with the racers wanting parity in their class.

I'm working on a new project that might be of interest to you. We should meet in San Diego or I can call you next week.

Jim
Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Hey shifter, do you make a drive that works upside down? I here that Cooper is testing the boat upside down to see if it runs better since it seems to want to go that route on its own.

I am in my rookie year at this, but everyone around us treats us like we are veterans. The Renegade Team, Music Giant, Uncle Bob and Paul, Brunner, Rique Ford and the RagaMuffin guys would give you the shirt off their back to help you make the race. I am blessed to be apart of the Traveling Circus that is the POPRA.

If I could only land a big sponsor like "Shifter". Maybe I can bribe him with a $5.00 and a bag of sunflower seeds to help us out. Cuz that's about all I have.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that with or without shells. Normally we work for peanuts but we will try sunflower seeds.

Flashwave, If we mount the drive far enough back it will work both ways.

The only time we normally see the competition or run next to them is when we are lapping them, remember Ventura in 01?? When we brought out Ragamuffin with the WSD drives. Maybe that is why we are banned????

I will be in San Diego Saturday.

How about a self righting coast guard boat for koop?

pat W
Old 09-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shifter
Flashwave, If we mount the drive far enough back it will work both ways.

How about a self righting coast guard boat for koop?

pat W
Just mount the drive dead center on the transom vertically.

Being a surface drive it should then work on both the intended bottom and the new bottom (the deck) reguardless of which end is up.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I know that you guys have a more expansive agenda than guys like me.

I did get to have a good look at the In the Red Skater (and talked to Mike S. for a while) at the Rum Run this year. And I got to talk to Kevin a bit as well.

I'm definately in for at least the Rum Run next year and hopefully a couple of the other relatively local races as well.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Hey shifter,
I want a surface drive that I can mount on the front of the boat
Old 09-15-2007, 07:34 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Hey mon, no problem mon. We make it look like a porcupine if you want. thrust in all directions. Its about time you come and play.

You know if the rules allowed it we would hve the drives somewhere else. It does not make sence pushing a rope does it. Something on a pod?

We will have a new class for us called experimental (x class) We will be rolling out X-1 soon, she is running a little late for this season but she is close.

How did it feel to run the old boat today???? Did Troy do anything wrong?

Results from today:

Amsoil
In the Red
Music choice
There were several others running Bijon/Vern 1st race for Bijon (www.definition.com,TJ and little Scot-(Ragamuffin), Fair play, Lavycraft, Raylar, Sarab, ect...

U-37 outside the pole 163.5mph Elstrom 165mph.

more tomorrow

pat W

More tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:50 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

www.abrahydroplanes.com

I borrowed this

San Diego: Saturday Heats 1A and 1B
September 15, 2007
News and information about the first set of elimination heats at the San Diego Thunderboat Regatta on Mission Bay.

Withdrawls

After breaking a gear box during late afternoon testing, the U-21 All Access Presented by Southwest HiReach has removed itself from racing action on Saturday.

Heat 1A

Dave Villwock in the U-16 Ellstrom Elam Plus needed to finish fourth out of five boats to clinch the 2007 ABRA National High Points Championship, but Jean Theoret in the U-37 Miss Beacon Plumbing had a different agenda.

The French-Canadian hit the start of Heat 1A at the San Diego Thunderboat Regatta perfectly and led the field to the first turn. The U-16 gave strong chase and after half a lap had caught up, bringing both boats into turn two.

J. Michael Kelly in the U-13 Spirit of Detroit fell into third, and Dr. Ken Muscatel in the U-25 Superior Racing held fourth. Jeff Bernard -- despite being in the top five in overall qualifying -- fell back to fifth. Team manager Mike Weber said, "The boat lost an oil seal which resulted in too much oil in the engine. When Jeff would hit the gas, there was nothing there."

After one lap, the Beacon Plumbing and the Ellstrom Elam Plus continued to battle, neck and neck, but at the exit of the first turn, the orange and white boat driven by Dave Villwock went dead in the water, leaving the Bill and Jane Schumacher owned hull alone with the lead.

The green and yellow U-13 continued to pull away, but was no real threat to Theoret. Muscatel finished third with Bernard finishing fourth.

The U-16 suffered a failure of the wheel within the hot section of the engine. The wheel separated into three equal parts at 120 degree intervals, with one section hitting the inside of the cowling on the right, one section hitting the inside cowling on the left, and one section going through the bottom of the boat, leaving a hole about the size of a loaf of bread. The team expects to be back on the water in the morning.

"It'll be about a one-foot by one-and-a-half foot patch. We should have it done by dark," said Jeff Minar, crew member of the U-6.

Heat 1A results

Finish Boat Driver
Points Speed
1 U-37 Miss Beacon Plumbing
Jean Theoret
400 146.337
2 U-13 Spirit of Detroit J. Michael Kelly
300 138.120
3 U-25 Superior Racing Ken Muscatel
225 127.614
4 U-5 Formulaboats.com Jeff Bernard
169 113.311
U-16 Ellstrom Elam Plus
Dave Villwock
DNF

Fastest Lap: U-16, Lap 1: 157.089 mph

Heat 1B

Mike Allen has had the last two races off, but his driving didn't look a bit rusty as he lead and won Heat 1B of the San Diego Thunderboat Regatta from wire to wire.

The U-1 Formulaboats.com left the U-6 Oh Boy! Oberto and the U-10 Miss Ahern Rentals along the frontstretch and led by three boat lengths, as the red boat crossed the start/finish line.

"We had our timing run, and I was going slower than expected at my starting point. I couldn't make up the time and I missed the start by a second and a half," said Steve David, driver of the U-6 Oh Boy! Oberto. "When I got to the [first] turn, I was going so fast, I got into [Allen's] roostertail, and started to go over. Somehow, the boat came back down."

Allen left his foot on the gas and opened up a large lead on David who had to hold off a late charge by David Bryant. Bryant pulled even at the entrance pin of the second turn of lap three, but had to swing wide to avoid the U-1's air scoop floating in the water that flew off the U-1 during lap one. That extra bit of racecourse was all that David needed to finish second.

"Everything went perfectly. The crew worked real hard to put this boat together yesterday and today, and a lot of credit goes to them. It's nice not to have to do anything major tonight," said Allen.

David Williams in the Miss Lakeridge Paving was half a lap off the pace at the start and blew the engine at the beginning of the final lap, resulting in an official "Did Not Finish."

Heat 1B results

Finish Boat Driver
Points Speed

1 U-1 Formulaboats.com
Mike Allen
400 148.488
2 U-6 Oh Boy! Oberto Steve David
300 144.594
3 U-10 Miss Ahern Rentals David Bryant 225 144.324
U-48 Lakeridge Paving
David Williams DNF
U-21 Miss All Access
Presents Southwest HiReach Brian Perkins
DNS

Fastest Lap: U-10, Lap 3: 151.298 mph

One in the bag!!!!

pat W
Old 09-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

go in the red. i know that girl has it in her. droppem and let her eat.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, go down and help troy with our old boat. pat work your magic on the old girl.

Quick Reply: San Diego this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.