0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Boat count or Fan Count

Old 09-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,448 Likes on 3,986 Posts
Default Boat count or Fan Count

All Organizations have their strong points, all have some classes that the competeition is top notch, all have classes that dont field a lot of boats. Is boat count that important??
Or would it be safe to say for a successful event a good fan count is more important??

we obviously can say what a great time we have at a race,
but are we missing the point as to what the fans think??
Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You dont patronize the races, But you patronize the race site online ? why ? Just wondering
Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think if you have a good boat count than the fan count will be good also. I think the race site has to be some place where the rest of the family will enjoy themselves the whole weekend. But even the best race site isn't worth going to if the boat count is weak.

Last edited by gmhdfan; 09-26-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always think that this is such a mess

It is about the promotion, the TV, the boats, and the fans! Oh buy the way a race

Why is it Skateboarders get more coverage than boat racing ?? Why more coverage for or Tour De France ? Why is it that the Kentucky Derby is Hyped for a week straight on TV only to have a three minute race

People come for the event, but they also come for all the hype and activities leading up to it and the coverage as a result is awsome

Obviously it is about boat racing but it does not need to be more fan friendly (Close to shore roundy round ) it needs to be EVENT friendly

Example
Dakar Race, Tour DE France, Baja Racing, Idideraod dog sled race, even Grand Prix racing- None of these are fan friendly as far as watching them

Dour De France Ididarod, and Dakar just blow buy the fans ONE TIME but look at the coverage and fan base

Until we recognized that it is about the event in general, not just the race, it will never become mainstream

To answer this thread, it is not just boat count or fan count
IT IS ABOUT THE EVENT as a whole

Boat Count and Fan count will increase with better exposure

John Haggin AMF has done a great job of making the public aware. As well as David Scott and Bud Select
The question is how do we help them since they are doing it all alone.

The 1 hour show on the Lizard boat (Geico, Scotty B and Mark G) on discovery channel was simply AWSOME The momentum needs to stay up at a high exposure pitch

My question is how can we help keep up the exposure ? It has to be championed by more than one or two groups

My hat is off to John Haggin and David Scott and there staffs for there efforts

Ok i am done rambling it is early

Tell somone new about performance boating EVERY DAY
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Boatme,

It is about the event, this weekend in LOTO! I have never been there, I look forward to seeing the area! As for the races, I would like to see some good competitive races, but as long as the area has quality food and quality entertainment,
it means my money will be well spent, and that is what the producers are looking for!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Racer
Racer

I agree with you guys, it is all about the event,but, that was not the question asked. I will go with boat count, the larger the boat count the more people show up, and that is just with the boats alone. More people tell more people and like the shampoo commercial the event gets larger. Team Gieco is an awesome presence in Racing and kick every event they attend up to a higher level. The problem I see is that everyone expects Team Gieco to carry all the weight. As a Racer and Race Promoter I've come to realize this is everyones job, from the smallest teams to the big boys we all need to help.
Good news is, that is what I have been seeing, my fellow racers are putting on a great show at every Race and following an example from Team Gieco, the Teams are looking great and fans are building and the sites want us back.
Mark, you put its all about you? Don't patronize events because
you don't like the product? Shame on you my friend, you don't know what your missing. Louie
Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Team Gieco is an awesome presence in Racing and kick every event they attend up to a higher level.
So what happens "IF" they went away?? hypothetical but none the less!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be a HUGE loss, but we would still be racing.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Pete B
Like Dean said it would be a huge loss and a huge "IF". Getting to know John, Scotty, Marc, Jerry and the whole crew, well I think they love Racing too much to leave us. That is why I say it is all of our responsibility to help with the business of Racing, A) Not to overload the premier team and B) to keep us going if any team departs. Pete how about asking questions like what happens if 10 more teams like Gieco step into the arena? hypothetical but none the less!
Louie
Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pete B
They still set an example for the rest to follow. Team Gieco has raised the bar even in their own camp. Very professional. I for one am proud to be a part of what they do. Smitty

Quick Reply: Boat count or Fan Count

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.