Notices

United????

Old 12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,448 Likes on 3,986 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Randy, I think I'll let Haggin off the hook here. Haggin came to me with his United We Race plan.
For instance Ocean City. Between the OPA and The Pro Series. Most of the boats will already be there. To raise an additional 50K for an OSS race which will only bring in 8 -10 more boats makes no sense at all. If you want to UNITE, Pick a few races, join that Association and go race. It is not up to me or Haggin or Polli. If the teams want it, shut up and do it. Done with this topic. See everyone at the awards. Smitty

So 8 or 9 more boats wouldnt make the event that much better, Having OSS would have 7 or 8 SCL and 4 or 5 SVL in itself, " United We Race"
Old 12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
So 8 or 9 more boats wouldnt make the event that much better, Having OSS would have 7 or 8 SCL and 4 or 5 SVL in itself, " United We Race"
Ii would definitly make it better. But it is not cost effective. Why cant they just come and race like everyone else does. We are United.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,448 Likes on 3,986 Posts

What is Cost effective with boat racing??? It seems as long as some one is shovelling out the money it is "their way" once the cash stops, its back to square one.

And I agree maybe that isnt cost effective, but it will never be cost effective, unless all organizations find some common ground to bring it all together, its no secret you dont like OSS. And that is what it is, but many have taken big steps to bring everyone together. under this "United We Race" why not sit back down and hash these things out??? the only ones that ever lose out are the fans, and of course the towns that put up with such BS until they want nothing to do with it either. We are all mortal men and women, we wont last forever, why not start the year out on a good note, and forever be known as " The Guy that brought it all together"
Old 12-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Racer
Racer

What is Cost effective with boat racing???
That is a "Battle Cry" excuse I hear more and more around boat racing.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those boats sure would make Class 4 and Class 1 awesome. Plus throw a couple of the Stock Outboards into Class 2, now that would be some great racing.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Randy ... is Haggin the only one that can make this United We Race? I thought United We Race was the racers and teams racing united .... not the flags.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

What is Cost effective with boat racing??? It seems as long as some one is shovelling out the money it is "their way" once the cash stops, its back to square one.

And I agree maybe that isnt cost effective, but it will never be cost effective, unless all organizations find some common ground to bring it all together, its no secret you dont like OSS. And that is what it is, but many have taken big steps to bring everyone together. under this "United We Race" why not sit back down and hash these things out??? the only ones that ever lose out are the fans, and of course the towns that put up with such BS until they want nothing to do with it either. We are all mortal men and women, we wont last forever, why not start the year out on a good note, and forever be known as " The Guy that brought it all together"
Pete, my own issues with OSS have been set aside a long time ago. When all that happened, they did me a favor. It only made me more determined to build the OPA. My job is to run the OPA for the OPA teams. Our intention is to continue to support our teams in an effort to grow our series. We watch the mistakes others make, learn and move forward. We never had any intentions of being anything more than a club. If we have progressed beyond that, it has only been as a result of the failures of others. Anyone can race with us if they choose. If they choose not, thats fine. Life is about choices. The sites have been thrilled with our races. More is not always better. I could probably explain all of this a little better if you were to call me 732 920 3945 Smitty

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 12-14-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Not everyone wants to race in bracket classes with boats that are 10-20 miles out of there speed bracket.......
Old 12-14-2007, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Ryan you really shouldnt take shots at the bracket racers. You are greatly out numbered. We would gladly put you in Class 2 with a bunch of old outdated Fountains. Do I hear PINKS.....I just looked at the lap times from Key West, we were pretty close.

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 12-14-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can't there be a western region and a central region a northeast and a southeast. Then you can have division champs and then JUST ONE WOLD CHAMP. That is what I see as united we race. All following the same rules, if some sites would like to share with other divisions then do it. Almost like the NFL, Baseball and Basketball.

or am I just dreaming???????

Quick Reply: United????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.