Notices

United????

Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

One man, one organization, one group of racers cannot be the only ones to try and do the united. It will take all the racers sanctioning partys groups to come and feel free to hang whatever flag they want in the pits on their boats, and be welcomed to the sites with open arms. Sure OPA dosen't have a "spec" class, but if you really wanted to race you would jump into a class that is already there! As with the OPA racers doing when they goto another organization to race at. Why should a town put up double the money to have to race bodies come to play when one brings in a lower count that the other, which way do you think the townspeople will go? I would go for the largest draw for the bang that we(town) could draw. Also for the united to work you have to be your own leader not a follower of somebody elses plan to race when and where they want, we all grown ups and can make that executive decission on our own, for to become united that is what it will take some balls to cross the lines of the sntioned body that those are chearleaders of. My .02 cents for what its worth.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From a fans' perspective.... I hear alot of problem with doing a United race and that puzzles me. I understand that there are multiple orgs and different levels of competition but to be United it only takes one thing....Coming together!!!! Put aside all of the differences with prize purses, political BS, squabbling long enough to hook up your boat and drive to the 1st site and then and only then when everyone that truely wants a United enviroment is together, you will have achieved a United We Race event. For those whom choose not to attend then they should have no say so because by not showing up they are not showing any level of commitment. Yea sure it may cost you to get there, but the rewards of a Unified sport are priceless. Sorry if theis does not make a whole lot of sense and I understnd I do not know the internal workings of most orgs but the principal is simple. Choose to or Choose not. Thanks for your time, Race Fan
Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered

I am perplexed as to why the $50K "vig" is still necessary for the OSS loyalists to attend?.

Maybe Randy can shed some light on this.

Thank you.
Gregg Reichman
Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I wasn't taking a shot...just stating the fact that not everyone is intrested in Bracket racing. I've raced some P class races, it's not for me.

The $50,000.00 would be the OSS prize money.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

That's cool. We already have 3 legal SS boats running in Ocean city. Bring yours I'll run the class. Same deal no entrance fee. Commit and I'll find the purse.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bidpro
I am perplexed as to why the $50K "vig" is still necessary for the OSS loyalists to attend?.

Maybe Randy can shed some light on this.

Thank you.
Gregg Reichman
50 K is the purse
30K is for the staff
30k to run the race
plus rooms, cars, etc

Like I said, out of our league.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
That's cool. We already have 3 legal SS boats running in Ocean city. Bring yours I'll run the class. Same deal no entrance fee. Commit and I'll find the purse.

I bought Tag's old SS Cat - It's a little slow in flat water but is still competitive in the the big swells. I be happy to go out and run another class, I don't think I will be competitive with the new Skaters and DW but if you need another boat to help make a class count me in.
Attached Thumbnails United????-spirit-america-running.jpg  

Last edited by 2 Trick Rick; 12-14-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Why is it always the same people who complain about Offshore racing....We just came off a great year....and the Worlds were one of the biggest then in the last 4 years....

Its so funny how OSS has been slamming JC about charging all these fee's and it all coming down to money....and now its OSS that needs the money to come race with other Orgs....

ITS NOT FAIR TO THE OPA RACERS TO HAVE TO CUT OUT SOME OF THERE PRIZE MONEY BECASUE OSS WANT TO COME RACE NOW THAT OPA HAS SOMETHING GOOD GOING....

When OSS was formed they had set rules and ther vision of Offshore...with only canopy boats and in spec class racing and all the racers had to conform to it to race in there ORG....but now you don't have to obay the same rules of other Orgs....

Offshore is making great strives....and 08 will be even bigger....

Why dose the majority have to make any consetions....
OSS has the smallest boat count of any major Org right now...and the other Orgs are happy with they got...

its simple.....you want to race in OPA....SVL can race in Class 4....and the Cats can race with the Pro Series...

or if you want spec racing....go race in SVL in SBI.....

Its funny.....people only want United we race if they have it only there way....The way I see it....OSS has 0 leverage to say anything....all the other Orgs are content the way the United We Race is going and we all met up in Key West...every Org did...so if you wish to sit out...so be it...this ship is sailing with or without you....

Options....
1. OSS joins up with the Pro Series...and runs with them.
2. Join OPA and run bracket racing..
3. Run SBI/APBA and run spec Class
4. Do your own thing like you guys started and see where you end up...

Remember....some OSS members were just running there mouths when they had 35 boats....and OSS was the furture of Offshore racing....with all the so called big boats...
But now that its falling the last 2 years....its all the other Orgs that don't want to be renited...that just crapp....

the majority of racers are happy were offshore is going....some OPA racers will be making some trips to tangle with the SBI/APBA teams in April and May....and the Pro Series racing also....seems to me thats a pretty big United We Race campign....and Key West will be bigger then last year....the invatations were sent out to everyone for Key West....and OPA has done the same for 08....but becasue you can't dictate what you want....dose not make you right at all.....respect the Orgs that are offering you to come and join in....enough of a few racers who think they are the show...
You tried it your way and it did not work....what makes you think you will tell sucsesful Orgs what to do....

UNITED WE RACE IS IN FULL FORCE....EVERY RACE ORG IS INVOLVED FOR 2008 EXCEPT OSS with 10 to 13 boats.....John Haggin.....GREAT JOB ON GETTING US TOGETHER....HATS OFF... ONE MAN DID IT IN 2 YEARS VICE 30 MEN IN 4 YEAR...

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-15-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
50 K is the purse
30K is for the staff
30k to run the race
plus rooms, cars, etc

Like I said, out of our league.
So where is the "value" in that pricing. Why would any Sanctioning Body or Prometer pay that of the added boat count is less than 10?.

Gregg Reichman
Old 12-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

That about sums it up Gino. I think you've cleared it up for those who don't get it.

We're not bracket racers either. So off to SBI we go. Anyone who wants to pull out their F1 boat, this is the time to do it. We're talking about running modified APBA 2003 rules. HP 500's, Carb, EFI or 525 with Bravos. A few of you guys probably still have the equipment. Some of you may still have sealed engines. Right now I see 4 to 5 F1's back in the water. Send Frank Sarro an email if your interested. He's the point man for all the details and is on OSO.

J

Quick Reply: United????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.