Notices

United????

Old 12-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete...

Really....were not United....every Org attended the Worlds this year....is that not what everyone wanted....there will always be teams that won't agree....

But you know if the Pro Series, OPA and OSS were racing together and SBI/APBA was not.....you would say....we are United and the hell with SBI/APBA.....

OSS and you can call it what ever you want...but we are United....

You were at Key West...did you not have a good time.....did you talk to the racers....they were all saying they are having a great time....that gose from the Pro Series guys to the OPA guys to the SBI/APBA guys to the OSS guys....

We will never please everyone.....that gose for fans to racers...all we can do is put on a show an have fun....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-15-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Louie, your dream girls are calling you.
Hey Dean, you have been posting this picture a lot lately, rumor has it that you keep it in your wallet! You know what else is funny? The longer you look at them, the one on the right actually starts to look better.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,641 Likes on 4,057 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Pete...

Really....were not United....every Org attended the Worlds this year....is that not what everyone wanted....there will always be teams that won't agree....

But you know if the Pro Series, OPA and OSS were racing together and SBI/APBA was not.....you would say....we are United and the hell with SBI/APBA.....

OSS and you can call it what ever you want...but we are United....

You were at Key West...did you not have a good time.....did you talk to the racers....they were all saying they are having a great time....that gose from the Pro Series guys to the OPA guys to the SBI/APBA guys to the OSS guys....

We will never please everyone.....that gose for fans to racers...all we can do is put on a show an have fun....
no I wouldnt say that because the people from SBI have never had that slogan, whether they had 10 boats or whatever they have remained the same. I will say I have respect to thier loyality.

AS for KW, I had a good time.

To me the United we race means groups will all support one another, to me towns like LOTO, Biloxi where the fan support deserves a good show. regardless of organazation, Just the same KW, Sarasota, Ocean city all deserve a good shows. not just so the towns get thier moneys worth. But the fans get a lasting memory. I know some teams do a great job promoting the sport while others just want to promote thier ego.. ........
Old 12-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Registered

Pete...Well I'm glad to hear you would not comment like some people have in the past about other Orgs....

I agree to a point....but most of the teams in SBI/APBA and OPA will not be able to travel to those locations...why would P-Class boats travel 1500 miles to race the same teams as they do in there own Org.....OSS is spec class racing....OPA and 50% of the SBI/APBA boats are not....they are bracket racing....thats why its so great to have a World Championship for P-Class with both SBI/APBA and OPA....all P-Class boats meet to show who is the best....

But its up to the racers to decide if they want to go to Sarasota, Ocean City or Biloxi......

OPA and SBI/APBA racers have a full schedule already....they are not going to run the OSS schedule...
The Pro-Series is going to run both OPA and SBI/APBA...
So it dose not leave to many racers left the run the OSS schedule outside of the OSS racers...

There are great race sites out there....I had a ball in Orange Beach....but if we are not scheduled to race there so be it.....we can't please everyone.....some towns are going to suffer....
But I'm sure you can see...if OPA or SBI/APBA had a chance to race in another Org they would race were they can compete with class's they both have....and you would think OSS would want to race with Orgs that have spec class racing....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-15-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does "United We Race" mean all the organizations become one? I think the right approach would be to race the races that your organization has on there schedule and if they should happen to announce some joint events, well then "Unite" So none of the groups has to lose anything, forcing the issue is driving a wedge further into any seperations. All the groups have a lot to offer in there own right, the OPA has grown to be the most entertaining and has some of the top teams out there. The SBI owns Florida for all intensive purposes and does a great job and has some great racers. The Pro Series brings a lot to the table with Big Name teams and great racers. The OSS is built on total spec racing which in theory should be black and white and keep all races level, they have some great teams and have one of the most dedicated people in Offshore as there new President who in my opinion inherited a long a rough road, left to him by his predecesors. In business the best working relationships are with equal partners with common goals. For OPA teams to race OSS there are no classes to fit in with, reverse it and the OPA can accomodate any boat with a class, as in SV lite= class 4 . Even with the SBI having bracket racing, there was an issue of class speed differences with the OPA. The OPA put there flag away, adjusted there speeds and "United" with SBI for Key West. I don't think the current OSS should be held accountable for the sins of there founding fathers and hope they can prosper. As far as the "United We Race" I think the ball is in there court, let there teams go to OPA races and fit in with there Classes ( there seems to be enough loyalty for OSS teams not to defect). After all Smitty did it in K.W. and I don't think they lost any teams, and from what I've heard the OPA teams kicked butt. Well thats my opinion, signed a loyal offshore Fan.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Steve what is laughable was there boat count in those classes. SVL had one boat and F1 had 3. You may enjoy racing yourself but I dont. APBA failed to keep the interest of its racers and many left. I understand your bitterness being so involved but you and APBA must have done something wrong for it to fall apart.
MD
Old 12-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Racer
Racer

Randy, Steve, You guys going at it over history isn't going to get anyone racing together. Wasn't the term burying the hatchet said somewhere along the line here? Thing is not to bury it in someones head, Louie
Old 12-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Steve what is laughable was there boat count in those classes. SVL had one boat and F1 had 3. You may enjoy racing yourself but I dont. APBA failed to keep the interest of its racers and many left. I understand your bitterness being so involved but you and APBA must have done something wrong for it to fall apart.
MD
Randy, it seems the same can be said for OSS.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Randy , i was there in meetings in Key west in 03 to start OSS..funny thing, didnt see you anywhere in the room...The reason the heavy hitters that started OSS split is because the vision and the vindictive things and probably almost illegal (corp violations to bylaws) that occurred were something noone would ever want to be part of.Hence severe deteriortion....Everything is good ...leave it alone and quit blaming others...Opa is fine and so is SBI...do your own thing if it doesnt work....well do what you have to do..
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

1298Fountain......You are exactly right....respect a Organizations rules if you want to race with them..period....Don't demain anything or ask for anything....

Guys this is simple and some wish not to say it on hear....but the bottom line is....
1. OPA is bracket racing.....
2. SBI/APBA is both spec and bracket...
3. The Pro Series is Spec racing

all 3 of these Orgs are racing together....which make up 85% of the racers....

And since Oct all 3 have been working on racing in SBI/APBA in Key West and we ran the P-Class series under SBI/APBA rules....and it worked.....

You hear that OSS racers do not want to race with the Pro Series.....that is false....because OSS races in 07 race both in OSS and with the Pro-Series Org.

The OSS stock boats ran with the stock boats in SBI/APBA in Key West and it was great compitition....Gary B and Paul W. are one of, if not the best stock boat team out there....and it was great to see a brand new team out of the SBI/APBA camp with only one race under there belt running in 2nd behind Gary in Key West...

Everyone is happy for 08....the invitations have been sent and OSS can run with other Orgs under the rules of the Orgs site....just like OSS has done with there's for 4 years.

OPA, SBI/APBA and the Pro Series have worked together and respect each Organizations rules....

When OSS had 35 to 40 boats..they did not reach out to any Org to Unite....they demained things to come to Key West...they talked down about other Orgs and blamed other Orgs for killing the sport of Offshore Racing....and today some of the same people who trashed these Orgs are now looking out for themselves to stay afloat but want the help of the people they have trashed over the years.....

We all heard over the years "PERFESONALS" and how one Organizations was IT....Well today you see who the real perfesionals are....Its the other Orgs like OPA, SBI/APBA and the Pro Series who have buried the hatchet and have open the doors for the OSS racers to come join in.....

If one group should ever open there eyes...its now...you have heard racers from all the other Orgs on this thread tell you, COME RACE WITH US....and check your bannes, ego's, and political BS at the door.....and come have fun...

IT CAN'T BE ANY CLEARER......THE CHOISE IS YOURS.....BUT IN THE END...BLAME NOBODY BUT YOURSELVES IF YOU DO NOT SUCCEED....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-16-2007 at 10:21 AM.

Quick Reply: United????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.