Notices

United????

Old 12-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Unhappy United????

Just got my Powerboat mag. Hagen what a great article they had on you and your vision of United we race. Its only been 5 weeks since the interview and the whole united thing went in the toilet. WHAT HAPPENED???????? OSS was under the impression you wanted joint races in 08 and now its not going to happen. Someone must be at fault for blowing another season. EVERYONE SAYS THEY WANT IT BUT NEVER GET IT. If you want it it could happen so please explain what has happened in the last 5 weeks since you have told the world you want united I am confused.
You have done more for more teams than anyone has ever done. I admire you and thank-you for all you do. Could someone preferably John explain to us all what the vision and goal is for the sport. When you say united we race is that just your team or is that a goal you want everyone to share in, If its everyone how do you plan on getting that done ? Is there a plan? Can you share it?
I know these are hard questions but as a racer I think its important to lay out your plan. If you lead us Im sure many will follow. You are a general but we need direction that is consistent.
I only dream of the days with 100 plus boats at most events.
MD
Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,641 Likes on 4,057 Posts

Good question Randy, you have won a race or two, and been in the sport long enough to ask these type of questions

Last edited by Pete B; 12-13-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! A few of those are bowling throphies !! Great job Randy I think the only one close is Reggie himself. No one can say your not a dedicated racer, Louie
Old 12-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If I'm not mistaken that's not a third of his trophy's. Randy do you know how many races you have raced?
Old 12-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

That pic was from 2002 I believe. I have started aprox. 125 start. Thanks for the credibility factor but I would still love to here the big plan from AMF
MD
Old 12-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Registered

Randy,
What you hiding in the camo case next to the window?
"A little friend" to get everyone to work together?

RICH
Old 12-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Racer
Racer

He's also got a diet coke advertizement in there too!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy

You forget what happen in Key west , when SBI invite everyone to come and race and all the OSS did was to fly there banner all over the place.

United we race starts when we all drop are colors and go racing.

Mike
Old 12-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Everyone is welcome to race with OPA. We have a class that fits everything from a Garvey to Turbines. Come race with us! Great Guys, Great Sites, and Great Races!

PS Randy, I do believe you have earned the right to ask anything you want.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:06 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Just got my Powerboat mag. Hagen what a great article they had on you and your vision of United we race. Its only been 5 weeks since the interview and the whole united thing went in the toilet. WHAT HAPPENED???????? OSS was under the impression you wanted joint races in 08 and now its not going to happen. Someone must be at fault for blowing another season. EVERYONE SAYS THEY WANT IT BUT NEVER GET IT. If you want it it could happen so please explain what has happened in the last 5 weeks since you have told the world you want united I am confused.
You have done more for more teams than anyone has ever done. I admire you and thank-you for all you do. Could someone preferably John explain to us all what the vision and goal is for the sport. When you say united we race is that just your team or is that a goal you want everyone to share in, If its everyone how do you plan on getting that done ? Is there a plan? Can you share it?
I know these are hard questions but as a racer I think its important to lay out your plan. If you lead us Im sure many will follow. You are a general but we need direction that is consistent.
I only dream of the days with 100 plus boats at most events.
MD
Randy, I think I'll let Haggin off the hook here. Haggin came to me with his United We Race plan.
For instance Ocean City. Between the OPA and The Pro Series. Most of the boats will already be there. To raise an additional 50K for an OSS race which will only bring in 8 -10 more boats makes no sense at all. If you want to UNITE, Pick a few races, join that Association and go race. It is not up to me or Haggin or Polli. If the teams want it, shut up and do it. Done with this topic. See everyone at the awards. Smitty

Quick Reply: United????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.