Notices

Interesting Article

Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all questioned on here before K.W why KOS was not going to run in P1.....there boat fits into that class....
Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
We all questioned on here before K.W why KOS was not going to run in P1.....there boat fits into that class....
Because they knew damm well they had nothing for OTC

Hell if I had any idea at all that cintron was gona show up with skirts on we would have dropped in some 900's or some 1075's and atleast made puzzycat I mean catkiller earn that unlimited title. Peter Meyer could have easely come down to p1 but he said he'd rather stay in the class he ran all year

Chit with 900's we woulda lapped the 21 boat
Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

That's one way for them to save face....run against the big HP boats....thye probibly figured they had a better chance to win or place in Unlimited then P1.....
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 AM
VIP Member

I think the real reason KOS ran Unlimited, was so as not to confuse, the European P1 class with the U.S. P1 class. Two completely different set of rules. The Author of the article obviously owns a sail boat. And smokes a funky pipe.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Why not adopt the P1 rules for Key West. Invited the rock stars over for an A@@ whoopin. I'll show you power to weight. The one thing they all forgot about in their little calculator is TORGUE. You can build 700 horse, just like them, but double their torgue. Bye Bye Imports. Singed one pissed off Boat racer.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Smitty I'm with you on this one. But this year unlimited will be a whole new deal.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Look guys don't get upset...... Unfortunatly this is a fairly common view of Americans by the Europeans. The European press writes 90% of there stories regaurding the United States from this perspective. Don't take it personally....it's a sign of the times.

Here's how to view it, inside they just want to be like us . His (writer) story clearly shows how intoxicated with the "power" his ride was...think he wants more? The European media propagating the reality or myth about American offshore culture and the history of our sport will only help us in the end. But keep it in perspective anyone looking at us from the outside would be pretty blown away by the whole specticle.

REMEMBER..This is a writer not the racers talking. James and the gang are good people and know what it takes to get these boats around a course. This article is nothing more than a newspaper hyping a story and the home team getting some good press ...David vs Golith.

See you in Biloxi.....

Last edited by Maximus; 04-01-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Bill....enjoy this year....becasue next year you will have some more company....we have already committed to the C.G. after this year were moving up...we have a little unfinished bussiness in Class 3 this year....and then we will be moving up to pick on you over HP BEAK BOATS.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-01-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:11 AM
VIP Member

Hmm.... a Dragon on Steroids
Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Hey, Im just as pissed as you guys, he F@ckin called me a yorskhireman!! Garbageman....well I dont have many comments for you...But we trusted Anthony's word, let you run props we had,said you wanted to buy them and you had more money than god... you ran them all weekend and brought them back damaged sunday, stating you didnt want them.... Classy...

We ran Unlimited exactly like Smitty said....How were we going to put Powerboat P1 WC and P1 WC on a poster and in magazines!??? One thing we are not is scared.
The comments on Dave scott and all the "American racers" that this idiot wrote made me sick to my stomach! I gave this guy a ride and at 105 MPH he was lining his underwear saying to not go any faster!!! I wasted 2-3 hrs talking with him about the boat, and he didnt mention one thing! The guy is a major Bellend!!!
So ease off our team, as we are as shocked and disgusted as all of you guys!!
I also raced with Bill Mazzoni for 4 years here in the US, I live here and love this country, and for all you guys knowledge will be running under a US license this year in P1.
I'm pissed and hate stupid comments made above!!
I guess we should all go and play with our millions and act like *******s!!

Quick Reply: Interesting Article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.