Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS  Can we grow together? >

SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS Can we grow together?

Notices

SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS Can we grow together?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

PS Tony, here is a suggestion for you in KW, put in merc. 850,s and race against the rest of the super cats in 2009
MD
Old 10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean h your on the money with about 900hp. we have done a little configuring on the 510 package and we can get close but the torque number is down..We dont know what the 850 does on the torque side till we get one in our hands...Racers created the problem we can fix it..Fury seems on the program..i talked to JT about it along time in July he feels
the same.

Ps big boy u earned MOST of Detroit and certainly all of the last few races,,,"older than dirt bil" thats tough hes going to be waitin for u in key west....

Sean we raced Sbi/Opa this year but all including OSS have some premier sites SBi Sarasota, Key west are great to attend
it helps with sponsorship. I would like to see a SUPERCAT tour...But in the end as u can see the 750 guys are willing to spend a little to put it together.

Randy didnt see u at any SBI events..what happened to united we race...

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-02-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Registered

why not just up the hp on ours..IDONT DO GUARDIAN my friend..Whether u blow it up or go into gaurdian its a loss either way..If im such a joke why am i the only one tryin to fix the whole deal..Randy stick to your class...ill stick to mine

To show u what u really know about hp , if key west is a little bumpy we wont need 850's
it works in p1 they dont care whos motor u use why should u...

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-02-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

There is nothing to fix Tony! The 850 class is great and growing as is. You have a choice either put in Merc 850's or stay with your 750 motors. If you want to race more boats and would like more competition its there for you. OSS has fixed the class after you guys left it and now is not the time for OSS to change the motor package again to possibly get 2-3 more boats. New teams are building boats for the 850 class for next year because of the Merc. package.
MD
Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

U got it figured out...u should put your name on the ballot next month

so u speak for the 850 guys and leave it alone they want to keep it the same???

whos building a new 850???

Im just trying to put all the Big boats back together randy..

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-02-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

Im speaking as a OSS member who has been there since day one. I have seen the growth and decline and now the growth pattern again. This new growth cycle is because the teams that have stayed the course are dedicated to the sport and OSS. They have a good working relationship with other teams and vote on rules that will better there class and not there own team. Its this attitude that I am proud to be a part of. History in boat racing has shown us that a single source sealed motor package has been the best way to keep classes alive and growing. The greatest classes in history were the Factory classes with hugh growth spirts. It fell apart after we tried to use different motors. My best guess is Factory racing might still be here today if we had a single motor. So lets not reinvent the wheel again. Build a boat for a class.
MD
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Hummm where have I heard that before , kinda old news.
Might be "old news". However, you all might consider this...
Learn from the past, lest you repeat history
Gordo
Old 10-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I The greatest classes in history were the Factory classes with hugh growth spirts. It fell apart after we tried to use different motors. MD
Great point Randy.
Now, ask yourself this; Why did we ALL want to use different motors?

Learn from the past, lest we repeat history
Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, let's get along..

If were really getting down to numbers..let's get the OSS Vee and Xtreme Vee class's up again...I mean with only MIG coming out to most events....where's the competition?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank god the only thing our class worries about is whose cooler still has beer in it!

I have an idea if Key West is such a whole in jc's poket why not have John Hagan take it over as the Geico World Championship invite everyone let the org. register their racers John H collects entry fees, tells the conchs to keep there funds and I bet he could still make it out of there break even. This allows a nuetral person get the United we race program started............it is the only way we will ever get it to a professional level (ie get paid to race not just a sticker) or we can keep doing what we have been for 30 plus years and just keep the barbeque pit lit. They say insanity is when you keep doing the same thing over and over take a look racers.

Quick Reply: SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS Can we grow together?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.