Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Racing and Poker Runs (Here comes the Future) >

Racing and Poker Runs (Here comes the Future)

Notices

Racing and Poker Runs (Here comes the Future)

Old 10-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read most of this thread and may be missing something, but it looks like you need to duplicate everything that Mike A was doing, He was reducing classes, reducing speed and developing entry level classes for any boat out there and a PRo Series on Sunday, the TECH and Safety inspections were strick but second to none. I would love to see those days back again, you really felt you were part of something big and getting bigger. I wish Mike could have let all of those guy's go, they would have been back or replaced by new RACERS in no time. Poker Runs are fun and a great way to get other invovled but by no means is it racing, I have done both and may run poker runs in the future but your right the speeds are getting out of hand
Old 10-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea as much of a dipstick Mike A was he at least had some good ideas

I belive he was responsible for the Factory class as well tThat was another great idea
Old 10-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

fastedy i re read your post and you are correct Mike A had alot of good ideas and had the direction pointed properly

so why cant we take the best of those ideas and try to re implement them ??? Anyone????
Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 131 Posts

We have participated in a number of "Local" poker runs in the last few years, and then took the big jump last spring, traveled cross country and participated in the "Desert Storm" weekend.

The boating was great, but in my opinion the biggest and best attended by boaters and spectators was the part that has recieved the least amount of press, that being the Thursday evening block party.

It was by far the best boat show we have ever participated in.

It had at least 20,000 sectators and the boats were lined up for what 1/2 mile on both sides of the street?

If we want to grow the sport as you have stated it will take big money, and exposure is with out a doubt the catalist for this. Events like this pull everyone together, the participants, spectators and locals where it was held. Everyone wins!!!

I too am willing to help, lets us know what we can all do to move this vision forward!
Old 10-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

i raced in 2003 in my skater in the silver cup and all i did was run by myself there wasnt anyone who had the guts to run against the AGITATOR so the silver cup's great idea was to have me run with the super cats they couldnt out pull my skater either it ran 145 at the st clair river race and at least i gave them a show
Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32agitator
i raced in 2003 in my skater in the silver cup and all i did was run by myself there wasnt anyone who had the guts to run against the AGITATOR so the silver cup's great idea was to have me run with the super cats they couldnt out pull my skater either it ran 145 at the st clair river race and at least i gave them a show
I remeber you running alone

My wife was risk manager for those races (Cherie)

and you were one hot running machine

I remeber you blowing the doors off the big boys

are you going to get back into racing ??
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

yes i would love too its ready to rip im just waitin for somewhere to go with it i liked the way you guys put on that grand haven race it was professional i think they need to bring out a class for old modified boats like mine just a thought tried the poker run deal but to many boaters who dont watch what they are doin its a trip to bear down on a 80 mph boat when you are goin 120 plus its to dangerous im suprised more wrecks havent happen with all the rookies
Old 10-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Every PR post or event I have been to ALWAYS sounds like its a race to the first stop. It seem's to be the goal of many PR people to race to the first stop and at the party afterward tell the story's about who beat who. As a PR promoter it should be there goal to discourage this at there events. I think its great to get all those masterpieces of boat building together. Its absolutely a great time and everyone has a blast.
MD