Notices

Race Team Costs

Old 11-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aviatorg3
I want to thank everyone for the information that is posted. I'm starting to get an idea of what to expect. For those of you that have sponsors, what can you typically expect from them. I understand each will be different, and depends on the sponsors size. I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible. Once again, thanks to all that have posted replies.
On sponsorship....its not what other teams can get or are getting......its what your team can provide and offer to promote a company.....being it would be your 1st year racing with no real numbers to show a potental sponsor....or your passed racing accomplishments.....you would be better to start with some of your local bussiness's that you may have freinds or have ties to.....you would already have credibility with people that already know you.....and offer a number of ways to promote there company...on a local level......as far as what its worth.....after you figure on what there logo's would cost....you should be looking at anything.....even $200 to $300....you will be suprised how 8 or 9 little companys that offer $300 or so $ will add up....vice getting nothing tring to get one big name sponsor....you will find out also that it is a lot easier the next year to raise that sponsporship from $300 to 1k in just one year....but you need to show them the benifitt of them putting out there money....and if you keep this up in 3 or 4 years you will see those little sponsors will add up to 20k+ a year and they will just be your associate sponsors and can still have the opertunity to go out and get your main sponsor...and now with testimonial from your associtate sponsors....

But you should not go into it with the mind set that you are going to go out and get a 20k+ sponsor in your 1st year....

Last edited by MANITIE; 11-12-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cost to race

If you are really serious bout goin racing I have a perfect oppurtunity for you. A complete race package with everything you need to race OPA class 4 or OSS SVL. And it even includes a sponsorship deal. PM me if your interested