Bud Light is pulling out of Offshore Racing >

Bud Light is pulling out of Offshore Racing

Notices

Bud Light is pulling out of Offshore Racing

Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevequick
This is all part of the restructuring of Budweiser. Let's join together to toast this new company........... with a Coors.
I will drag my balls over broken glass before I drink a Coors
Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I will drag my balls over broken glass before I drink a Coors
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats some funny chit!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Budweisers loss. Dave and the whole team are a class act, My money is on Dave will come up with a new sponsor...
Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Budweisers loss. Dave and the whole team are a class act, My money is on Dave will come up with a new sponsor...
Tony - I wish Dave luck as well. The "value proposition" that most sophisticated Sponsors with motorsportws marketing departments will demand will almost certainly rule out any Offshore team or boat. As you know most of the recognizable names that have been seen on Offshore Race boats over the last 10 years were there because the Owners of those companies were inside the boat, OR there was a personal relationship involved, OR the supporting Sponsor had an affinity for Boats - and the value proposition was secondary to trackable incrimental increases in sales.

Even the deals that look very stout are pretty thin when you get the real numbers - the in-focus exposure requirements and "marketing icon" integration can't be met unless major TV is a part of the package (ESPN 2 at minimum).

I love the sport as much as anyone and have made my very substantial contribution, and even had some arms length sponsorship for 4 years (Rain X and Entreprenuer Magazine) but the reality is they were based upon personal relationships more than anything.

I don't personally know the Bush family, but it is clear to me that they were very loyal to the David Scott team for a long time and he did a great job for them. I am told David was close with the Son and that is great (as I said, don't know for sure, but that is what I was told). I suspect the new Owners of the BUD brand will substitute a calculator in place of an affinity for the sport and the personal relationships that were perviously in place.

Gregg Reichman
Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I changed from drinking coors Light to drinking Bud Light from when I heard a funny story about a couple of Race Teams. We all know that Dave Scott's Budweiser Select Team was sponsored by Budweiser and John Haggin of Miss Geico Race Team always drank Coors Light at the races. The story goes that one day John Haggin heard glass bottle's smashing on the ground at his trailer and saw Dave Scott smashing them and Dave Scott said something like this to John Haggin, from now on you are going to drink Budweiser. It is said that from that time on John Haggin always brought about 130 cases of Budweiser to the races, so that's how the story goes. Since that time on, I changed from drinking Coors Light to drinking Bud Light. I wanted to support anyone who supported Offshore Powerboat Racing. I don't know what I will be drinking once my stock is depleted but it won't be Budweiser, unless things change.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg you are 100 % percent correct...the Busch family are great people..Dave ahs told me many times....its a shame INBEV wouldnt continue...Again the economy is horrible...we gained support this year by being around Bud and Geico and Reliable....i know it tuff out there
Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

it is a bummer! i hope DS will continue with the sport he has done so much for!!!

MOST sponsorships ARE built from personal relationships...at any level.

a huge thanks to dave scott for letting us use his facility at loto to test and work on the boat...even had jet-a on the dock for us!

can't say enough about john haggin...all geico employees have gone out of their way for the JBS team and myself personally!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 52 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Greg you are 100 % percent correct...the Busch family are great people..Dave ahs told me many times....its a shame INBEV wouldnt continue...Again the economy is horrible...we gained support this year by being around Bud and Geico and Reliable....i know it tuff out there
It's a sad day seeing the Budweiser name go from offshore racing..maybe Dave should contact someone at Red Bull...they sponsor just about every other type of motorsports and I'm sure a few here have a few of them every now and then with some Grey Goose.........
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fountain4play
It's a sad day seeing the Budweiser name go from offshore racing..maybe Dave should contact someone at Red Bull...they sponsor just about every other type of motorsports and I'm sure a few here have a few of them every now and then with some Grey Goose.........
Red Bull and Grey Goose my favorites.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Anheuser-Busch was always concerned about their reputation. They sponsored more stuff than you can imagine. They are "Americas beverage". In-Bev cares about the bottom line, the almighty dollar. Unfortunately, big changes are coming. Things will never be the same. ( Nascar is next )

Quick Reply: Bud Light is pulling out of Offshore Racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.